X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papergirl - South Wales Argus
    Pentwynmawr Chippie!!
    Oakdale Chinese Take away

Can't remember what I earned but i loved them all!!!

Comment

My first Saturday job was on the market (fruit and veg) with my friend. The guy thought he was God's gift and flirted with my friend. I thought he was a slimey git. Guess who got fired... Think it was £5 a day, with a 6:30 am start. I was practically overjoyed to be fired.

I also worked at a cafe and hated it. I got £10 a day, which I guess was quite a lot, then (about 1990). One week I just couldn't face it and didn't go in. I went in the next Saturday and said I'd been ill, but they fired me (quite rightly!). So, I learnt that if I couldn't be bothered, then there would always be someone else who could, to take my place!

Had lots of jobs that I hated, but the best ones were temping, as I knew that I didn't need to ever go back if it was a bad one!

Comment

I had a great Saturday job - working in a wedding dress shop. I fitted the sample sizes so basically tried on lovely dresses all day, and got a decent basic 'wage' and commission for each dress I sold. My usual monthly pay was around £300 per month, in 1990 ish, for 4 days work... andonly ever really meeting excited, happy brides-to-be; no grumpy customers.
        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Papergirl - South Wales Argus
          Pentwynmawr Chippie!!
          Oakdale Chinese Take away

Can't remember what I earned but i loved them all!!!
          I love the fact that when I go visit the inlaws that the chinese mixes up their languages dependent on who comes in the door, English, Welsh, Wenglish, Chinese. I think its fab to watch.
          I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X