Is This Elderflower ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    There's a big elder overhanging the school's Wildlife Garden, but it's JUST out of reach. But guess who's all smug now that she's gone and bought a super-duper 2.5m ladder?

and it fits in Smartie
    my elderflower tree is massive .... could you pop down and pick some elderflowers from way up high? we can split them, 50-50!
    http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm still drinking last years cordial, I know some say it only lasts a couple of months...poppycock, it last for ever.

This years batch is under my desk ready to bottle this weekend, there is nothing quite like the smell of it, its just a shame that people don't give me the bottles back when they've finished with them, at £2 from that scandinavian homewares outlet, they are too expensive to not get back. (I'm a cardi, don't you know.)

Every year I end up buying at least another dozen...small tip do not follow HFW's new recipe for champagne he's reduced the sugar content so that it doesn't explode, and I have it on good authority that its yucky.
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

We have three elder trees in the garden so no shortage here. We also prefer the berries to the flowers though, they make a fab jam.

Comment

Originally posted by Incy View Post
          We have three elder trees in the garden so no shortage here. We also prefer the berries to the flowers though, they make a fab jam.
          I've made an elderberry syrup with them that's great in hot drinks for cold symptoms. Rather time consuming to make though, and stains terribly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
            I've made an elderberry syrup with them that's great in hot drinks for cold symptoms. Rather time consuming to make though, and stains terribly.
            I made loads of rosehip syrup for that reason last year, messy to pick but fine to make and lovely in winter.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
              ts just a shame that people don't give me the bottles back when they've finished with them, at £2 from that scandinavian homewares outlet, they are too expensive to not get back. (I'm a cardi, don't you know.)
              Every year I end up buying at least another dozen...
              I don't know what size bottles you use but in the supermarket they sell those little bottles of wine, individual portion size, 3 for £5. I think they would be good gift cordial size bottles and you get to drink the wine first! Just a thought....

Comment

I'd put a label on Mikey - "Return Bottle for Refill" If it's nice wine, I'd be buying the bottles for you!
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I wish they would FF, I'm never short on requests. I'll be bottling a batch this weekend and going out to fill ready for the next.

I've never got enough bottles...

Comment

Oh dear, I bet they throw them into their recycling without giving it a thought Mikey - do put a label on with a little smilie to remind them, I'm sure they wouldn't be offended and you'll get your bottles back.
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X