Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Veggie Chicken insults and accusation's thread!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling right at home as usual!
    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Welcome back Ali, its always to good to see another Nutter round here

Comment

• Nut clusters...........nuts and chocolate........do vegetarians eat chocolate?
        Ali

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Comment

• So VC, tell me do you have your phone switched on or is it just for emergency calls?

Based on your shorthand directions I'm either somewhere near the wine merchants that closed down, or just outside Castell Coch, Which is it?
          I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

• Phone switched off -as nobody will ring me
            As to where you are, that would depend on whether you were approaching J32 from the east or the west, after that I made it up!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Feral007 View Post
              Nut clusters...........nuts and chocolate........do vegetarians eat chocolate?
              Oooooh yes!! Vegans might not because of the milk factor but some dark choc is milk-free.
              I'm a Fruit and Nut case - bet you didn't know that!

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Phone switched off -as nobody will ring me
                As to where you are, that would depend on whether you were approaching J32 from the east or the west, after that I made it up!!
                You like getting lost don't you??

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  I'm a Fruit and Nut case - bet you didn't know that!
                  I kind of had an inkling...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                    You like getting lost don't you??
                    Yes, I do. Its an adventure you never know what's around the corner or who you're going to meet.
                    When I were a nipper I would take myself off on long walks using the Take the First turn Right, then the Next turn Left approach and see where I ended up. To get back home I knew I just had to do it the other way round. My parents never knew where I was. When I remember the distances I used to walk, it was much further than I would contemplate today. Had lots of adventures too

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                    I kind of had an inkling...
                    Takes one to know one!
                    Last edited by veggiechicken; 03-07-2012, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Its such a shame that I can't let my own daughter do the same thing.

At the end of our street if you turn right you head down to a minor A road, we have a set of Puffin traffic lights there to cross the road. You wouldn't believe the number of times I've had a car drive through them while they are on red and I'm stood there. I couldn't trust my daughter just yet not to walk when it started to beep assuming that the traffic would stop.

Comment

• Things are a lot different now, and not for the better in lots of ways. We had so much freedom and an innocence I suppose, a belief that everyone was good and no harm could befall you. I'm a bit more cynical now, but for the large part I still think the same way.

Comment

• We go out walking into the bush at the back of the farm. Frequently get lost - dogs love it, as the walk is a lot longer when mum can't work out where the hell she is
                          Ali

Comment

• I used to play football on the road when I was growing up, I wouldn't even play chicken these days.

Comment

• My brothers used to play cricket on the road. When someone saw a car coming they would yell out and the person behind the wooden fruit box (stumpsman?) would grab the box and they'd all run to the side, then back onto the road.
                              Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by Feral007 View Post
                                My brothers used to play cricket on the road. When someone saw a car coming they would yell out and the person behind the wooden fruit box (stumpsman?) would grab the box and they'd all run to the side, then back onto the road.
                                I can quite understand that its really hard to come by a fruit box these days.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X