No announcement yet.

Ebay help please??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't be arrised to read the whole thread but I am one of those annoying people who use a last seond sniper...................
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

it's all making sense now .... and BS is all set up .... and i won't be watching and watching .... i'll get on with more important stuff like planting my veggies ....
      i'm not expecting BS to work for me .... if it does then great, but we're looking for a looooooooong drive up north to get the same thing from preloved ....
      http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
        It is no more a sneak auction than being in an auction room where you don't know how mauch the guy next to you is prepared to bid. If you want to bid on an item which is sitting at 99p and you are prepared to pay up to £20 you can try to outbid the 99p in increments placing a new bid every time until you are the highest bidder. Ebay has been developed to save you that trouble and you can place a maximum bid of £20. If the person who has the highest bid of 99p had indicated he was prepared to bid to £15, every time you bid in increments to try to beat his bid, Ebay will automatically increase his bid till it reaches his maximum of £15. if however, you have indicated you wish to bid to a maximum of £20, ebay will automatically place your bid at the minimum needed to beat the highest bid of the other party.

It gets easier with practice.
        You mean it's an online auction.

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
          It is no more a sneak auction than being in an auction room where you don't know how mauch the guy next to you is prepared to bid.
          a traditional auction room doesn't have a "time limit" in the way ebay does .... a traditional auction continues until everyone stops bidding ..... ebay stops when the clock stops .... and people sneak a higher bid in at the last seconds .... so it's very different to a traditional auction!

Comment

A traditional auction room might continue until all bids in the room or on the phone are over but, the lot still has a time window, and you can miss it.

I don't like traditional auction rooms you end up going over your intended limit, at least online auctions give you an ability to detach yourself from the decision and stay within your limit.
            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

I snipe. Had some great bargains... There are days and times when not to bid... and vice versa..

Comment

I use the same method as Piskie...two instances of Ebay open side-by-side, one for refreshing and watching the timer, one with my maximum bid entered and the 'confirm bid' button waiting to be hit. I've successfully bought things this way by hitting 'confirm bid' with only three seconds to go before the auction ended.
                Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

thanks everyone for all your help on this .....
                  i'm now in trouble with Her Ladyship for spending £78 on something we both want but that she decided we shouldn't get just yet ....
                  my bad!

Comment

One of the best threads ever!!
                    The confusion in Farmer Gyles posts at the beginning are priceless!
                    One word of warning..ebay can take over your life! I've seen me on my phone in bed at 3:00am putting last minute bids in for rhododendrons!!

Comment

Originally posted by Veg Learner View Post
                      One word of warning..ebay can take over your life!
                      not mine .... i'm in trouble with 'er indoors .... and only used ebay once .... lol!

Comment

You got what you were after then FG?

Comment

And are you going to tell us what it is - because I'm just soooooooo nosey!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            And are you going to tell us what it is - because I'm just soooooooo nosey!
                            I'm not sure I want to know......

Comment

It was something old, that was only available oop North (so that let's me out) and there seem to have been several for sale and both the Farmer and his good lady wanted it, but the Missus could wait longer than the Farmer.
                              And no, this is not another puzzle!

Comment

I don't find that much on ebay but OH gets loads of stuff cheaply - a lot of stuff I want seems to be cheaper in proper shops even before you add on the postage. Have got some material from there but prefer to touch that before I buy which is a bit difficult to do virtually - got some nice stuff a few weeks ago though to cover our dining chairs in, look like new now rather than the hideous state the old fabric was in.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X