No announcement yet.

Ebay help please??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there's another one .... current bid £80, 17 bids, says "Enter £82.00 or more" .... i've been automatically outbid on this one a couple of times ....
    this one isn't as good as the other one i missed out on, so i'd go up to £100 on it ....
    do i enter £100? and will it show £82.00?
    will i be automatically outbid again?
    http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Farmer_Gyles View Post
      it was showing £117 .... i would have paid up to £150 for it
      You need to sign up to Bidding Scheduler. Put in your maximum bid, turn off your computer and forget about it.
      BS bids on your behalf, you don't need to be watching, bidding, or even have your PC switched on. Make a note of the end time, then go back on eBay and congratulate yourself at having got a bargain.

(you avoid getting into a bidding war with other buyers, so often get a good deal)
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

When does the auction end? If you keep bidding you are pushing the price up - best to wait until 10 mins before to start watching the activity being ready with your bid.

I play two ways - one is that I will see an item I want but it may not be finishing for a few days, I place my maximum bid on it and walk away, I don't revisit the page at all, if I win I win at my price.

The other way is I will watch just before the end and have two pages open side by side, for quick refreshes and one ready to go with the bid. *WARNING this way can seriously damage your nerves!
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
          If you keep bidding you are pushing the price up
          That's why I always use BS

Comment

BS seems to be saying it'll submit my bid of £100 7 seconds before the end of the auction
            the current bid is £80, the amount to be entered is £82 or above
            (so assuming nobody else bids) if it submits £100, is that the price i would pay?
            or would it be £82?

Comment

No, you will pay the next increment after £82 (I don't know them off by heart, but it won't be £100/your max bid)

Comment

PS. I've never LOST an auction using BS. Don't worry about the 7 second thing ~ your "opponents" don't even know you're using it

Comment

is 7 seconds enough??

Comment

so .... current bid is £80 ... says "enter £82 or more" .... i enter £100 in BS ....
                    with 7 seconds to go, BS submits my bid and i pay say £2 more than whatever the last bid was ....
                    if no other bids, i end up paying £82??
                    and i can't be automatically outbid if someone else has bid £90 but it isn't showing????

Comment

with 7 seconds to go, BS submits my bid and i pay say £2 more than whatever the last bid was ....
                      yep, although the increment might be £5

and i can't be automatically outbid if someone else has bid £90 but it isn't showing?
                      No, because £100 is more than £90

Comment

yep, although the increment might be £5

and i can't be automatically outbid if someone else has bid £90 but it isn't showing?
                        No, because £100 is more than £90

Comment

so .... current bid is £80 ... says "enter £82 or more" .... i enter £100 in BS ....
                          and i can't be automatically outbid if someone else has bid £90 but it isn't showing????

Comment

kinda getting there ....
                            ok so if someone else has a max bid of say £110, the current bid is showing £80, and it says enter £82 or more .... and if BS submits my bid (with max of £100) 7 seconds to go, does that mean my bid goes in and becomes £82, and there isn't enough time for the other person's maximum bid to automatically outbid me?

Comment

Another thought to think about is to do a search to see if the item is in your area. Pick up onlys are often a good buy. You can also click on existing bids and see how the bidding is going. Sometimes if the bidding is going slowly you know how to pitch your bid. The best thing is to set an amount you want to pay just like an ordinary auction. Been with eBay since 2003 - mostly good. Good luck
                              A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows

Comment

Another idea is to check if the item is local to you - pick up onlys can be a good buy. You can also check how the bidding is going - if only slowly it gives you an idea how cautious people are. Set a figure in your mind of how much you want to pay just like an ordinary auction. Been with eBay since 2003 - mostly good. But 99% of the time I buy my books elsewhere. Tried to post this earlier but was bounced out.
                                A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X