No announcement yet.

A very dull question

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there - oh yes, stove is serviced every year- its a must !!

Its not blue stuff on the windows as such, just a blueish cast instead of bright and sparkly , just general dirt seen on cloth when I clean them.
    With open fire and stove I think its just dirty window syndrome!
    Sorry I did not make it very clear at the start of my plea

ps We use topanol as an additive
    Last edited by Headfry; 13-06-2012, 08:16 AM.

Comment

My thoughts would be to ask your MIL!!! You'll probably get some brownie points from her if you say such lovely things about her windows to her face!!

As we are in the countryside, my main probs with the windows are the marks ( little blobs) the flies leave on the glass. Presumably it's fly poo in a liquid form?

I also use vinegar/water and micro-cloths.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I'm with Nicos!^^^^ Ask your MiL and she is bound to want to show you how. Then you get your windows cleaned with no effort on your part!
        Fly poo is my problem too . However, the grubbier the windows are, the less I have to worry about not having curtains in all rooms!!

Comment

try one of these

Karcher WV50 Cordless Window Vacuum 12W | Screwfix.com

not cheap but they are fantastic (& no I dont work for Karcher) but you dont have to use any sprays just a drop of washing up liquid in warm water.....& i used it on windows, tiles, shower screen, & it doesnt leave streaks its fab
          The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Presuming your boiler is all honkey dorey & tickety boo,are you getting enough combustable air into the room when the open fire is burning ?

Have you a carbon monoxide detector in the room ?
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Morning Hans Mum that looks fab but does it some with smaller heads? our windows have tiny panes of glass.
              Looks like a great idea for the greenhouse!

bearded bloke - yes we have several CM detectors. Old house, no double glazing, doors and windows that dont fit the holes.....oh yes plenty of air in this drafty house of ours

Comment

HF, yes you can get a smaller head, it comes with the longer one, but there is a smaller one available,
                heres the Karcher website link
                Karcher UK | Window Vac

and theres a video on the Karcher home page of it.
                The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

oooh many thanks, rather like the idea....thanks again Hans Mum

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X