This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoo! No: 1 at last!!!

Oh that's probably because you are talking about Dennis Moore and him being 'in your parts' He's not in mine and I don't even know who Dennis Moore is. Is he organic? Does he grow Fruit and Veg? And does he know how to make sloe gin without sloes?
    Is he Feral? And does he wear tights.........ohhhhhh I love a man in tights! Even if he doesn't know what a good wood in wales is! Or a treechange in good old oz! Wasn't the Iron Lady's old man called Dennis?
    We're having Beef Strog, Cabbage, Zuchinni's and radishes.........tis an ill wind........will be a feral wind with all those blitherin' radishes!
    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Dennis Moore - Post 278 - Feral. Do keep up!! Monty Python - Dennis Moore - YouTube

Comment

• I bid thee a hearty good Morning merrie woodland folke. This morn I have delegated the caring of th'Osses and 'Ounds to those younger and fitter bodies, in order that I may partake of a lazy start to the day, for a change. All this up-early-and-on-with-it wears thin on occasion, and some respite is needed. I will be readily taking care of my duties in the latter part of the day, however, so do not assume that I have shirked my responsibilities on a permanent basis!

In the meantime, more mundane tasks will be carried out, for to appease the master of this house. Tasks that would be all the sooner completed were the lending establishment to re-implement their usual method of speedy communications, which appear to be non-working, currently.

Why do I have a yearning for ale at this time of day!?
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• And a Blessed Good Morrow to you, Faithful Young Hostler! Thou art entitled to some time off in the loo, after all thy stalwart service.
          We in the wood always partake of ale with our meals (and oft times without our meals) as it can be relied upon to be as sterile as Nat's pee - unlike the stream water hereabouts which has been used for the washing of undergarments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Feral007 View Post

I don't even know who Dennis Moore is. Is he organic? Does he grow Fruit and Veg?

No,not Fruit & Veg grower,but a collector of Lupins,a pretty flower oft times found growing in the gardens of peasant hovels that surround this woodland.
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Oh right - well I guess I'm not a peasant in a hovel since I have no lupins growing here about! So pleased to hear that! But is he organic?
              VC - do keep up - well it's flippin hard to keep up when you lot is so far behind me! The sun is risin' and getting back to settin' afore you lot is getting up and having your first ale and omelette of the day!
              Verily, I'm wondering where me green leggings are (and are they called grennings in Jay Jays?)
              Oh well, I'm off now to find the glowworms and see if I can get some more gold from those tax collector chappies. Heloooo, helloooooo where aaaaaaaaaaaaareeee youuuuuuuuu?
              A man in green tights with money .............what more could a maid asketh for?
              Ali

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Comment

• Originally posted by Feral007 View Post
                )
                A man in green tights with money .............what more could a maid asketh for?
                A man without the green tights...........?

Comment

• Well really VC - I think women with our skills could get around that problem!
                  Ali

Comment

• Don't want to waste energy unnecessarily! Anyway, the time its taking LadyLottie to make these tights.... but I must not venture there, for she hath a tongue like a viper when roused

Comment

• Well yes, but then I'm not a knitter myself so I can't help out. Since I made a tree change to the verily freaking cold part of the country the only use I've found for mine own tights is stringing up the tomato plants! Still a man in tights could come in handy. Of course, if it was green tights he was wearing I wuld ne'er string the mato's up with them! Cos they are special tights them green ones!
                      Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        A man without the green tights...........?
                        Halfway to your desire fair maid would be our Jester for he wears tights of two colours .....

Stop being wude about men in woad,which weminds me where is Wodger the Shrubber got to ?
                        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Oh no! That's just not right!
                          Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                            Halfway to your desire fair maid would be our Jester for he wears tights of two colours .....
                            Stop being wude about men in woad,which weminds me where is Wodger the Shrubber got to ?
                            I thank thee, Much, that image has fair put me off my mid-morning herb tea break!1
                            I don't think we ever had a Wodger the Shrubber. He must be hedging his bets somewhere else, methinks!

Comment

• Sorry VC, been away for a few days and come back to find you've bought a wood!!!

I would try to read through this whole thread but with 46 pages......I haven't got all day.

I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, does your wood neighbour any carriageways?

I think the only consideration is that you need to ensure that your trees don't overhang the carriageway, and maintain this. (i'm sure you already know this)

Enjoy VC, fair trek for a few logs mind....if you need a man with a van to collect some wood, for the fee of some wood we can work something out.

I've got a fair bit of eucalyptus seasoning at the moment, but I'd always be interested in some oak or ash for the pizza oven.
                              I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

• Well I do like a wood obsessed man Mikey! My wood is seasoned when I buy it, and burnt shortly after. They do sayeth that you can't see the wood for the trees, not true. I can see the trees and then the wood, it's the chainsaw sharpening I can't quite get the hang of.
                                Wuld you be picking up the wood for seasoning in ur tights? And wot colour wuld they be?
                                Ali

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X