Hired Help

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    Our "friend" is a painter, but has struggled to find work for a couple of years now. So, he diversified into window cleaning. He did ours once, badly, but I put him right, he finished properly and so I booked him for a month's time ~ he didn't show up.
    I had also recommended him to a friend of mine ~ he didn't turn up. No phone call or text either, no apology.

We didn't speak for several months because I didn't want an argument about it. I cooled off, then texted him recently, are you still cleaning windows? Yes, yes, need the work. Come tomorrow then. OK I will.

Didn't show up.

I won't be phoning him again.
    I wash my own and always have. They always look brighter than next door's (they have a window cleaner). Could be a career for me here somewhere
    These folk are priceless aren't they?
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
      I wash my own and always have.
      I can't carry buckets of water, nor handle a pole thingy, nor do big ladders. So I can do the ground floor but not the upstairs ones
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        I can't carry buckets of water, nor handle a pole thingy, nor do big ladders. So I can do the ground floor but not the upstairs ones
        I'm lucky in that one side we have a first story roof and stand on that. The rest I hang on the windows from inside and don't look down Sometimes Mr VVG gets the ladders out. To be fair he does that a lot now as it's turned into a weekend job, along with mowing/weeding.
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

The bad news is that under the broken Tarmac, is hardcore, as expected. But what we didn't anticipate is that underneath that we would find a road of bricks laid on clay. This is turning into a massive job on what has been a wet, wild and windswept day. We've had hail, sleet, rain, glimpses of sun and a lot of mud and mess. It's looking like Chris's pound multiplied by 100 square metres. Sob!

Comment

I don't clean windows. When they're dirty you don't need to have curtains either. I'm full of labour saving ideas - feel free to copy them

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              I don't clean windows. When they're dirty you don't need to have curtains either. I'm full of labour saving ideas - feel free to copy them
              I love your attitude VC

Comment

Oh dear VVG, you're having a tough time of it. Like Mikey when you first started I had an image, not of "To the Manor Born" but definitely Margo Leadbetter (or is that Ledbeater?) from "The Good Life". Good on you! Hope you sorted out the doctor too. I've stopped making recommendations to friends now in case they are let down, I feel too responsible. Keep smiling chuck, it'll be ok soon.
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I know a song that will get on your nerves,get on your nerves,get on your nerves. I know a song that will get on your nerves, get,get,get on your nerves.
                  I know a song that will get on your nerves,get on your nerves,get on your nerves. I know a song that will get on your nerves, get,get,get on your nerves.

And.......I know a song that will get on your nerves,get on your nerves,get on your nerves. I know a song that will get on your nerves, get,get,get on your nerves.
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                    I love your attitude VC
                    Since I can never live up to other people's standards, I've set my own at a much lower level!
                    So sorry you've had such a beast of a day. I was clearly wrong when I said it could only get better
                    Is there any light on the horizon?

Comment

I have Flo. I told him that if he wanted my mother in hospital with mental and physical exhaustion to carry on. If this was his mother (said of my nan) would he see her starve and die of thirst. She's 91 and late stage dementia. Could he watch it?! Needless to say he mumbled a lot about intervening. I asked him if he would see his mother discarded like a bag of **** and left for dead. She now has a drip up and antibiotics for a water infection. The matron comes up tomorrow and I've got nursing care now morning and evening. My mum and I cannot keep lifting her ourselves. My mum is nearly 70 herself!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Since I can never live up to other people's standards, I've set my own at a much lower level!
                        So sorry you've had such a beast of a day. I was clearly wrong when I said it could only get better
                        Is there any light on the horizon?
                        Yep as above VC. Fingers crossed hey

Comment

Good for you VVG. The needs of the elderly can so easily be overlooked, and though your mother wouldn't thank me for it, she not young and needs to look after herself too. As do you, old thing!!

Comment

Pure admiration for you VVG. All the so called health professionals who refuse to treat the elderly with care should be reminded how they would feel if it was their parent. All elderly people deserve to have their dignity preserved and be treated with kindness, care and attention.

Comment

What are you wobbling on about Snadge, have I missed something (doesn't take much)

Comment

We all will get old one day. I'm convinced it's a government plot to save pension money and/or care money. Kill a few off attitude. It stinks!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X