This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
    All i know is about the 7 tackles rule then a scrum or summat.
    Dont follow league
    If they don't score a try within 5 tackles they simply hand the ball over to the opposition.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Bringing back the 4 foreigners rule would make for a more competitive league IMO plus it would strengthen the national teams throughout Britain not just England..........I can't remember if a Scottish, Irish or Welsh player playing for an english club at that time was classed as a foreign player.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

In addition in Germany, it is illegal for non-German entities to own a majority shareholding in any German club, so the fact that one country only has so much money keeps that money at a sensible level.

Went to Munich on my stag do a couple of years back, and it is apparently impossible to get a season ticket for Bayern. Chatting to some locals one night, they said there is a waiting list and nobody ever surrenders their ticket - you basically have to wait for someone to pop their lederhosen before you advance up the list.

You're right, it is really cheap too, but then watching top quality sport in the UK is becoming increasingly elitist and corporate....Wimbledon, Rugby Union internationals, test cricket, and of course the Olympics this year, all way to expensive....even a day at the snooker in Sheffield is apparently £50 a ticket now

By comparison it's nearly £30 at Portman Road these days to watch a bottom half Championship team.....great value ??!!!
        Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

Nobody told me that Leeds and Cardiff were playing last Saturday, in Cardiff!
          There were 2 blokes rabbiting on in the back of the bus about the game and I was trying very hard to ignore them - because they made it sound so.......yawn!!!

Comment

Lifelong Sunderland supporter here Which has meant some despairing moments! But it's all going very nicely at the moment. Just need to leapfrog the Toon in the table and I'll be a happy woman

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
              Lifelong Sunderland supporter here Just need to leapfrog the Toon in the table and I'll be a happy woman
              Hope that happens real soon, MO'N excellent manager.

Comment

Congrats to BM on an excellent performance, should be a cracking final in Munich.

Comment

Haven't really got much to say about the mackems (Might upset Sarz) although I do rate Martin O'neil.
                  Really enjoyed the Barca/Chelsea games. Really enjoyed last nights other semi final, though can't be arrised with penalty shootouts, so went to bed.
                  I would say the Germans deserved the win and hopefully will beat Chelsea (I have ulterior motives.)

Newcastle are flying high at the mo, will hopefully be in Europe next year, and it will be better still if they get in the champions league.

C.MON (lets be avin ya) THE TOON!!!!!! (Done in my best Delia Smiths drunken voice)
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I as a life long glasgow rangers fan am gutted the shambolic way my club has been treated by craig white,[the new buyer,the savior lol. seen that one coming from a long way off ] and duff and felps[addministrators].and the SFA. not even sure if we will be around in seasons to come.I do realise the club avoided taxes,mishandled money etc and deserve to be punished,but it seems to be the fans who work hard and pay their taxes and still buy tickets that are suffering most.the worst bit is being in limbo,just tell us the worst case senario and at least we can get on with rebuilding our great club,,,Or lay them to rest.grrrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo View Post
                      I do realise the club avoided taxes,mishandled money etc and deserve to be punished,but it seems to be the fans who work hard and pay their taxes and still buy tickets that are suffering most.
                      It's a bit like that with governments too isn't it. Your average working man and woman carry on and try to make the best of what they've got and some admin person in the tax office comes along and robs them...like when mice eat your pea seeds.

Come the revolution....

Comment

Hear here Donna!

We've had far too many draws just recently. People who do the pools might like it (do they still exist?!) but I don't!

Comment

Well I'd rather be a Leeds fan this morning than a Newcastle fan..We're used to losing...........sorry Snadge.........

Comment

aye, they got taken back down to ground level in some style but that seems to be Wigan's party piece this tale end of the season.

Comment

Plus Chelseas mauling of QPR should help them stay up.

Comment

Hat trick and Torres not words you usually put together........one game doubles his tally for the season
                                this will be a battle from the heart
                                cymru am byth

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X