No announcement yet.

Malvern Spring Show 10-13th May

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't believe there's only three of us going. Oh well, report back on Saturday please BB
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

OK thoughts in Malvern from those who went maybe...?
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Looks like we'll just have to find out for ourselves VVG

Comment

brief resume then ..

The weather ... the sun shone on the venue backdrop of The Malvern Hills for moments between the clouds,but it improved as the day passed.

The journey ... Was uneventful,event location signage was good,parking same as usual (big field by North gate),field is well drained so no worries for "normal" cars gate entry was smooth (event program £4 extra),walking around is largely dry with walkways in major traffic areas with strtegic laying of straw in places,the only muddy bits were close to barriers by the show gardens.So no need for wellies but stout shoes that you don't mind getting a bit dirty would be fine.

Trade stands ... there were copious amounts selling all manner of things

Best place to sit & have a coffee/snack is the area behind the Artisan Food Market (Row 7) where there is a bandstand with a variety of musical entertainment

To here our favourite Welshman (Mr.Walton) you need to head for the old barns in the South West corner,while you are in there you will find the chooks & just outside is Dobies display & sales tent (where Suttons was last year).

The only other veg thing I found was Pennard Plants stand in the marquee (where it was last year) with their diverse seed collection it's a must visit.

I thought there were less display gardens this year,but on reflection it was the same area with more space being given over to school garden club displays.

Suppose you want a few pictures then ............

Attached Files
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

goody, some ideas are percolating.....

Comment

This feeder with built in legs worked fine

Same feeder with rain cover,food is totally inaccessible to the birds

A challenge ...........as you are going around the place try & find the psycho duck

Attached Files
                  Last edited by bearded bloke; 12-05-2012, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
                    goody, some ideas are percolating.....
                    You coming Sunday Taff? It would be good to meet up (at least I think so!).
                    Thanks BB. It will be my first visit to the Malvern show so anything is good. I bought loads of Pennard seeds and plants from them at the Cardiff show. They're amongst my favourites. Must try not to duplicate - or even, make a list (Can't do that really - too organised for me)

Comment

Ok,some food for thought there ^^^^^,am now off to do the domestics,ask any questions & I will do my best to answer them this lunchtime/afternoon

Comment

Thanks BB. Don't think I need go now, I've seen it all!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          You coming Sunday Taff?
                          unfortunately not, back to wales for me, a couple of friends are emigrating to australia, they have their flight dates, and this is the last weekend to wave them good bye....
                          hope you have a lovely time though
                          Last edited by taff; 12-05-2012, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Ta BB - lovely pics. If only that olive/lavender garden was mine...still, we don't have the weather anyhow, so who am I kidding. Did you get around any of the herbaceous plant stalls? I know it's not GYO, just interested in quality, etc. I may need an earlier start and a caffeine injection after all...
                            See you there, I hope, VC

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                              Thanks BB. Don't think I need go now, I've seen it all!
                              Errr....the march of the tomatoes all the way down the M5....?

Comment

Got any runners , VVG , the'd do it in half the time! I'll be there, don't you fret!!! Its looking good......

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X