No announcement yet.

Earth Hour 2012

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just as well I have my own supplies then! Ahh, there's the ginormous unopened box of chocolates.....
    and I don't open the front door after dark - so tough!!

Comment

S'ok - I have a skeleton key. Part of being married into the cardiff mafia like!

Comment

Could have done with that last week when I was locked out!! I trust you're switching off for Earth Hour too Chris? 15 minutes to go!

Comment

Yup! Will be switching off shortly

Comment

Bye See you later!

Comment

A couple of mins to go... but I'm beat. Going to hit the sack, but enjoyed sitting by candle light relaxing and listening to some nature talks. Despite only having 1 light on in the house (low energy lamp), I might start using candles more often - it creates a lovely atmosphere! Wish I had a real fire

g'night chappies and chappesses!
              Last edited by chris; 31-03-2012, 08:28 PM.

Comment

I had the light of the lappy and the telly to keep me right, plus the candles which are perfuming the air beautifully!
                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                  from Neighbourhood Watch: contrary to popular belief, most burglaries occur during the daytime, more in the summer months and often where residents have left a door or window open, perhaps to do some gardening

and another site said "most occur between 10am and 3pm" (when people are out at work).

I've been burgled twice, and both times were during the day
                  My heavily pregnant niece was burgled last week during the afternoon. They left by the back door as she came in the front. Scared the life out of her.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                    I had the light of the lappy and the telly to keep me right, plus the candles which are perfuming the air beautifully!
                    Didn't realise that it was today so missed it totally but from previous years I thought that point was that you turned off all the electrical appliances you can not just the lights. That would make more sense to me as just turning off the light when using the 'puter or watching TV isn't really that much of a thing as I'd hardly notice whereas if you turn off everything it might actually make people think.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

We were out ......no lights off where we were. The wind did die down about 8:30 though. Spooky.

Comment

Back again from my reveries in front of the log fire, candles burning, listening to music and imagining that I was at a concert. Did try playing the harmonium but it was like something out of the Addams family!

Comment

Our hosts gave us a candle-lit dinner....it was really lovely!...Glad we did it
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

For those of you who turned your lights off for Earth Hour, here are some photos and a video of some of the major "turn-offs" Earth Hour UK | Our world is brilliant, help us keep it that way

Comment

Didnt join in the thread on the night but we did turn off all non-essential lights and electronic thingamewotsits. I got an insight in to the weird and wonderful workings of my husband's brain by playing I-Spy with him in the dark... I think I laughed more in that hour than I have at anything on the telly!
                              Last edited by Helgalush; 04-04-2012, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Maybe you should do it more often!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X