Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you've missed [/url] at the end of the address

Comment

Thanks Steve - I've changed it again but its not quite what I found to start with! D'oh! Think I've switched off already!!

Comment

link works ok

Comment

Originally posted by Capsid View Post
          Hmmm, maybe I will go outside with the telescope and see the stars without too much light interference.
          It should be cloudless tonight. Wrap up though because frost forecast.

Comment

I'm always divided about this? I think I did it last year, put candles on and enjoyed just sitting for a bit, a bit like meditating, without the 'expected' distractions of TV, internet, etc - I'm a complete tree hugger - am veggie, live ecologically etc - but I also think sometimes, misguidely focusing on 'helping the planet' in this way is focusing on the 'destruction' we think we are doing to the planet as a species?

Everything is a perception - my perception is nature is bigger than all of that and if push came to shove, 'she' would flick the human species off the planet in a blink of an eye and even with the greatest nuclear bomb inflicted by society etc - within about ten million years, although 'human' as we know they may have blown themselves up, life and growth would be restored again.

If you want to help the planet - then realise its real power and that you are part of it all - not a separate 'onlooker' inflicting only human waste and/or destruction?

I 'try' - it's sometimes difficult what with all the media trying to show us how 'horrible' we are, how much destruction is supposedly in the world etc every hour, which is another reason why I don't watch the news, but I try to focus on the strengths of nature, the surviving and the thriving parts. I think by doing this you are focusing on what you want, not on what you don't want...ie focusing on the natural, ongoing creation, not any destruction..

But hey what do I know - again isn't it just another perception? lol
            Last edited by GardenFaery; 31-03-2012, 10:43 AM.

Comment

*bump*

~35mins to go folks.

Comment

Yup - will be switching off lights etc anyway - but not the oven - sorry has a jacket spud in it! lol

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                  *bump*

~35mins to go folks.
                  What clock are you using Chris? Its 8.30 switch off!!

Comment

ohh I might have time to eat my spud first LOL

Comment

Ahhh Chris, I think I understand the confusion - you thought I'd said 8.00 but actually I'd written Boo for Boos mummy! I thought Caerphilly might have its own timewarp

Comment

We in the snuffer household will be joining in as we have done for the past three years. Lots of candles (perhaps an episode of midsomer murders) and copious quantities of wine.
                        It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

Sounds good to me! Don't think I can get to you before 8.30 though!

Comment

misread it! Anyway, it's almost right now... ~35mins and a bit! so ner.

Comment

Ermmm I could get to you in 30 minutes - do you have copious amounts of wine like the Snuffers?

Comment

I have 1 small bottle of wine, but it has the wifes name on it! Not much chocolate left either, two strips left and they'll be gon.... oh, they're gone

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X