Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL I've got the choccy recipe thanks

Comment

I think you're all very, very clever. I can't make cake Brilliant at pastry and ok with bread, but have never been very good with cake.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
        *hang's head in shame* called MIL up today, had to wait for the 7hr time difference and and and she told me I was not spoiling you by making it chocolate for you, it's a chocolate oil cake recipe so sorry all. Will post if you still want it
        i sure would'nt mind it RT thankyou,am up for trying something different,wonder if it;s less fattening says she lol
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
          I think you're all very, very clever. I can't make cake Brilliant at pastry and ok with bread, but have never been very good with cake.
          If RT's oil choc cake is the same recipe as mine it really is foolproof, as well as being truly scrumptious.
          Honest!

I'll keep an eye out to see which recipe is posted

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
            cake is easy,go on have a go again,am sure you can do it,I cannot get on with bread,but have a go now and then,just 1 day i might actually crack it,instead of bricks lol
            Last edited by lottie dolly; 20-02-2012, 02:53 PM.
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
              *hang's head in shame* called MIL up today, had to wait for the 7hr time difference and and and she told me I was not spoiling you by making it chocolate for you, it's a chocolate oil cake recipe... so sorry all. Will post if you still want it
              Yes please RT One can never have too many chocolate cake recipes

And Creemteez, we'd love your madeira recipe too pleeeease

Comment

Here goes

Chocolate Sponge Cake

250ml Cake Flour
                10ml baking flour
                60ml cocoa
                2ml salt
                250ml Castor Sugar
                4 large Egg's
                5 ml Vanilla extract
                125ml oil
                125ml boiling water

Beat the egg yolks well, Add the oil, water, sugar and vanilla extract and beat for approximately 5 minutes(this is 5 mins in a kenwood type cake mixer). Sift in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and fold into mixture. Lastly fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.

Bake at 190 deg C in 2 sandwich tins for 25 mins

Cakes best a couple of days after baking and icing
                Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

My Foolproof recipe

2 tablespoons cocoa powder
                  teaspoon coffe pwder or granules
                  6oz self raising flour
                  5oz sugar
                  Pinch of salt
                  2 tablespoons treacle or golden syrup
                  2 eggs
                  5fl oz vegetable oil
                  5fl oz milk
                  (optional: half teaspn brown caramel colouring sold as gravy browning - it gives a really dark colour)
                  butter and flour to prepare tins.
                  Gas 3 170C

Sift flour, sugar, cocoa and a pinch of salt into a large bowl.
                  measure treacle,oil and milk and add to flour mix.
                  Add eggs and stir for 2 minutes to blend thoroughly.
                  Pour into 2 sandwich tins and cook for about 45 mins (check after 42 just in case)
                  leave to cool in the tins for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.

You can fill with butter icing, or nutella or my fav real cream and cherry jam

I often make this in one deep tin (if I'm going to top it with Nigella's Chocolate Icing) but it's perhaps a little harder to judge when it's cooked. I check with a skewer at about an hour

Comment

thank you both for the recipe's,duly printed of

Comment

Sorry for the delay in replying - been out of town.
                      Here goes.
                      For a twelve inch (30cm), round cake you will need...

1 twelve inch loose-based cake tin lined (bottom and sides) with non-stick parchment

500gm Softened butter
                      500gm Castor Sugar
                      8 large eggs (room temperature)
                      500gm Self Raising Flour
                      250gm Plain Flour
                      Grated zest and juice of one lemon
                      2 tspns Vanilla Extract
                      1tsp salt
                      two tblspns Milk
                      Sift the two flours and salt into a bowl
                      In a separate bowl beat softened butter and sugar together until very pale and light.
                      Beat the eggs with the milk and vanilla and add slowly to the butter and sugar. If it begins to curdle, add a spoonful or two of the flour. Mix well.
                      Add the flour and fold in gently - do not over mix.
                      Add the lemon zest and juice.

Turn into a lined, deep cake tin and level the top.
                      Bake 160 degrees C (325F/ Gas 3) 11/2 - 13/4 hrs Till a sharp knife comes out clean.
                      If it seems to be browning too quickly, cover lightly with a round of parchment paper with a small hole in the middle to allow steam to escape.
                      Allow to cool in the tin.

Never had a problem with this one and had very positive feedback.

Lottie.
                      I would always dowel a stacked cake - better to be safe than sorry!
                      When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

[QUOTE=Creemteez;95169
                        I would always dowel a stacked cake - better to be safe than sorry![/QUOTE]
                        thanks CT,have been shopping today for the ingredients,including brandyand 2 cheap wash bowels for the main mixing,so will put the fruit,spices and favours in some brandy to soak tomoz,tins arriving sometime friday for the week end,am in my eliment at the mo,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X