Absent Friends

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay! *waves frantically at Beefy, Hazel, Pigletwillie et al!*

Thanks for the best wishes guys, yes Cardiffsteve, fun in Stockport, well I will try, assuming Tesco dont contact me today to offer me the job with them!
    Blessings
    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Really good to see many of our friends are still here. I worry if our grapes dont show up for a while (silly me not on FB) but I always keep an eye on the vine!
      I am sorry times seem hard for most of us these days ....I just wish life would start to get more easy for everyone.
      Last edited by Headfry; 20-02-2012, 04:58 PM.

Comment

It's nice to know that familiar grapes are lurking, even though they're not posting. I love that signature Beefy, it makes me feel less guilty about refusing invitations to reunions!
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Never really went away - just been lurking and looking in from time to time .
          Why am I not as active as I was ?
          Things change - when I joined up you would be lucky if there were 20 people online at any one time . Don't get me wrong the Vine has grown ,new people have come along and made it what it is today and that's good and sitting here looking back at some of the memories I have and the friends I made it was a great time to be involved with it . But - there's always a but - like everything else new people come along and have other ideas - just like I had . When I came along to the vine the people I looked up to and respected around the vine let us take it were we thought it needed to go, and likewise I knew it was time to let it go and for the "younger" generation to take the vine were they needed to take it . While I'm not fussed on the amount of advertising on the vine - I respect the owners and their need to make money and accept it .It has been successful - all you have to do is look at the number of members to know it has been a roaring success and long may it continue .
          There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Originally posted by scarey55 View Post
            Yay, Beefy is back in the building
            That takes me back SNC
            There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

First time I've been "younger generation" in many a year Beefy, cheers

Comment

Very very very very upset ...cos none of you have missed me .
                I've been ill and not able to garden so didnt come on the vine much - think i've posted once in the last three months .......
                still i shant bother with you all anymore ....have had to give up my chickens and now it looks like i wont be able to do heavy digging ever again......so unless someone invites me back ... thats it and i did like you all .....once
                http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

I missed you J, I just can't speak French.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Jardiniere View Post
                    .....so unless someone invites me back ... .....
                    Awww- bless xxx- You have been missed! And I'm sure I speak for us all to say we're really sorry to hear that you've been so ill. Concentrate on getting better and keep nattering with us- this time next year you'll be growing stuff again- I'm sure you will- although perhaps using different techniques.
                    Big hugs from us all xx
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

And don't forget the sick note next time otherwise your wages will be docked.......hope you manage to get some bits done, take it easy & welcome back.
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Jardiniere! Of course you've been missed, it's just a case of out of sight, out of mind. Sorry to hear that you've been so very ill. You'll have to make do with gentle gardening as I do, can't dig anymore so don't. You must stick around, even if you're not growing or keeping chickens, you can still chat.
                        Welcome back

Comment

Originally posted by Jardiniere View Post
                          Very very very very upset ...cos none of you have missed me .
                          Hey hun - read my post (somewhere above) I went AWOL a while back and wasn't missed or call for

But we know they love us really
                          aka
                          Suzie

Comment

Great to have you back Jardiniere, sorry to hear of your problems.....big hugs

Comment

Think the grapes were only 2 happy when I went MIA for about a year

there's a few grapes I miss too, you all know who you are...
                              Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

We're missing G4 from the Chat Thread. She keeps popping in when she can and I'm sure it's tomorrow when she is "connected" proper. We used to miss you when you were commuting to Germany RT and we wondered where you'd got to when you disappeared to the other side of the world!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X