Absent Friends

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all! Sorry for the long absence.
    Been working away from home. And then had major dummy spit about rosters - so went casual. Nothing casual about it of course, lots of organising, some updating of learning thingies, and lots of tirednessy thingies.
    Have a bit of a farmy/gardening profile at work since I turn up with my bags and my ex battie name badge. Well I am an Old Chook of course!
    And yes, hibernating due to a pretty cold winter here. Hoping the winter greens come good soon (bok choi all gone, cooked and eaten) and the d@mn wombat not only burrowing in and out every night but now tunnelling under my main garden bed the fricken, fracken, frocken, marsupial!
    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Good to know you are still around

Comment

• Welcome back Feral!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• We've missed you Feral, welcome home x
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Another one welcoming Feral back
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Welcome home Feral,we could do with a little winter chill here at the mo,
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Welcome back Feral!!
                I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                sigpic

Comment

• Thanks everyone Coldest night this year last night, and we're down some doona's due to one of the dogs having a pee-ing 'accident' on several beds last time she was let inside - apparently she wished to let the small dog who is allowed inside and sleeps on the beds, that she was not impressed.

You will no doubt understand I wasn't impressed either, and since we've not got all the doona's washed and dried again, it was not good timing.

You'd be welcome to some of the below zero degrees at least
                  Ali

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Comment

• what am i like? never notice anything......
                    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

• Originally posted by Jardiniere View Post
                      what am i like? never notice anything......
                      I'm one of the people who notice who's missing when someone asks where they are?
                      Here's some winter chill for those of you needing to cool off.

Have spent the day inside.
                      Sunday is meant to be -5C and a float the horse day. So not looking forward to this.
                      Attached Files
                      Ali

Comment

• Good avatar pic' Fez
                        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Brilliant, Feral, although my brain can't compute roos and snow
                          Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Just wondered where Noosner is these days.
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Yes, I miss Noosner. Also Horticultural Hobbit. Also we don't see Two Sheds around much these days, although she popped in last week. Hope they are all having fun somewhere!
                              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• I feel sad now. It reminds me of Bokonon's 119th Calypso:
                                "Where's my good old gang done gone?"
                                I heard a sad man say.
                                I whispered in that sad man's ear,
                                "Your gang done gone away."
                                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X