valentines day...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valentines day...

allotment holders / gardeners are usually a tight fisted bunch..this year treat your spouse / partner...

buy them some cabbages - i ment to say flowers...

take them somewear special -

take them to homebase and buy them a new gardening fork...
    i ment to say take them out to lunch or evening meal...

my wife used to be a allotment widow - i planted her some dailia's and lupins on the plot for her so she could use them for cut flowers now she has been encouraged to help even plan what she wants to grow.. who said allotment holders cant be romantic..
    Last edited by allotment grower; 13-02-2012, 11:47 PM.
    do a little every day...
    keep it organic and taste and see the difference..

http://allotmentveggrower.blogspot.com/

I'd be very happy if my non gardening hubby took me to Homebase to spend money on gadgets. No luck but I did get roses chos and perfume, so just as happy!!
    Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Next year I've asked for petrol station carnations.

We're having an Austerity Spring: no spending at all, the tax is due.
      He wanted to make me a dinner ~ I said why don't you do a cake (it's easier, and no chance of fish or bacon slipping in that somewhere*).

After being called downstairs to find a recipe, then the flour, then the sugar, then the pan, then the baking powder, and having to go to the shop for plain chocolate ... I realised why I do all the cooking.

*I'm vegetarian, and he doesn't read labels.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

There's something very gritty in the brownies ~ either he put the walnut shells in too, or it's ground glass
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Sure it's not, erm a "plant" ? Wasn't you growing such a thing on your plot?

Comment

There's something very gritty in the brownies ~ either he put the walnut shells in too, or it's ground glass
            I realised why I do all the cooking.
            We men aren't subtle - too hard to spell - but the message generally gets there.

I cannot think of a gardening definition of romance. Although I suppose a good cauliflower counts as a lovely bunch of flowers...?
            There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Vegetable Wedding Bouquets from Offbeat Bride | Wedding Ideas and Inspiration Blog

A Special Day Designs DIY Sacramento Lake Tahoe Wedding Flowers: Vegetable and Fruit Bouquets / Placerville Wedding Flowers Florist
              Last edited by di; 14-02-2012, 10:43 AM.
              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

This one's even got sprouts!

A Foodie Bridal Bouquet with Fresh Vegetables and Herbs | United With Love

Comment

A chap I dated in my early twenties, the first present he ever bought me was a bag of sprouts...I thought it was romantic ...see, I'm so easily pleased.

Comment

I purchased for Mrs Snuffer, a nice card, three hand carved granite owls for the garden and a rural scene jigsaw (for some strange reason Mrs Snuffer loves jigsaws).

Mrs Snuffer bought for me; a drain cleaning attachment for my pressure washer. Romance is alive and well in Nottinghamshire.
                    Last edited by snuffer; 14-02-2012, 11:14 AM.
                    It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

Ha snuffer!...the nearest thing my OH would give me is the actual jigsaw and a spare set of blades!!!!

We went out yesterday and bought steak,oyster mushrooms , a strawberry tart and a bottle of fizzy pink- so we'll be cooking together and eating by candle-light in front of the wood burner
                      OH is taking the day off from DIY on the house so we can go out together this afternoon.

Quality time and good nosh- can't beat it!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

My day started of perfect with a mug of tea in bed
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Got a table booked for tonight, she wont be that happy though, she useless at snooker.

Comment

Ahh I see,so it's ... Paul from poole wanting to play snooker,but may well end up playing pocket billiards if his other half see's his post
                            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I'll be honest, valentines day, isnt for me. I just...well dont get me wrong i am romantic (see blog post for the proof), but the whole flowers and chocolates gaff, because you have to for this one day well... I like flowers at other times of the year but just not when there's a massive mark up (call my cynical).

We got each other a card, and i got mr husband a tshirt, i saw it yesterday and thought he would like it.

I'd honestly be happier with a pack of seeds instead of some flowers that'll die in a couple of days.

hahahahaha he's a lucky guy to have me
                              Last edited by boosmummy; 14-02-2012, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X