No announcement yet.

valentines day...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ I'm normally with you on that one, but we've had a hard year so far, financially and personally. I'm taking the opportunity to mend bridges and all that.

If he doesn't annoy me when he gets home, I'm going to go fetch his favourite dish from his favourite restaurant, on the pretext that I'm popping into the garage to feed the guinea pigs ...
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

My Daughter and OH are in Austria this year so I sent out with a friend a card each and some chocolate's, I recieved a phone call this morning saying stay in this morning, cant talk long its expensive, my response was am I not worth it lol. The postman came with a card and just after 12 a lovely bouquet arrived from him. Tonight I am having cold meat and chips with sald all on my own, although I could share the meat with the cat !!!
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

I watched my OH perusing the roses etc etc whilst doing our weekly shop
        My thoughts ( strangely???) were..."no...please no....buy me something more useful"
        ...and bless him- he wandered off as if they weren't worth looking at!
        ...I know!...I really didn't want them

...BUT...he could have said something like..."what a silly price- can I treat you to something else???"
        Yup- I know- lots of gals ( me included) would have loved the idea of roses etc etc......
        I have my man cooking supper for me....utter bliss!!!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Daisy picked out all the crunchy bones bits from her salmon and saved them for me
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

It was very sad, yesterday, to see all these young men in Sainsburys saying things like 'She'll KILL me if that's all I buy her....' I hadn't realised some young women were so mercenary.

I felt very sorry for one young chap, already late for dinner because he'd missed his train, and all that were left were the £50 (!!!) bunches of cream & pink roses. Poor beggar was in bits, clearly not having £50 spare. The assistant took pity on him and reduced them to half price because of the *cough* 'broken' ones in the bunch and I gave him the £3 he was short of because he only had £22 and some coppers.

Jules
            Last edited by julesapple; 15-02-2012, 10:21 AM.
            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Aww Jules- that was kind.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I think the Sainsburys lady & I felt sorry for the guy, not his girl who might've had to go without for Valentine's Day this year, he did look upset bless him, and his face was picture when the lady reduced the flowers 'til he found out he didn't have enough cash - I couldn't have not helped him. I just hope she was worth it!

Jules
                Jules

Comment

That was a lovely thing to do Jules
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

We did what we do every year. We had a champagne breakfast. After that we went out for the day. Then last night we ate out in a nice restaurant and went to see the stage shown"Dirty Dancing"
                    We make this day special because we got engaged on Valentines 49 years ago, and yes, we got married 2 years later.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Very sweet Bramble but...not into valentines day, we refuse to join in with it- over priced meals out where you need to eat toast when you get home 'cos you are still hungry! cards that end up in the bin filling land fill or whatever. Champagne gives me a headache. flowers that wilt. Hate that sort of thing! instead, we traditionally go to the garden centre and buy a plant each- the OH gets a shrub or whatever.. and I always get a new David Austen rose. then we have a hot chocolate and a chat. I know what you are thinking... boring couple ...!

Comment

Oooh Petal, a new DA rose sounds a fabulous idea. I think that's very romantic!

Jules
                        Jules

Comment

My Valentines Day, started with me disappear to work at 4.30am, and coming home early at 3pm. I Took OH and DD swimming at LC2, and tea at Pizza Hut. I can't say that it was a particularly romantic day, but family time is always treasured.

A cuddle on the sofa, a mug of hot chocolate and me not complaining about watching Casualty, is a step in the right direction though.
                          I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                            .... and me not complaining about watching Casualty, is a step in the right direction though.
                            What a lucky lady Mrs MW is!
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                              What a lucky lady Mrs MW is!
                              Are you related by chance, you have a similar level of sarcasm.
                              I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by petal View Post
                                Very sweet Bramble but...not into valentines day, we refuse to join in with it- over priced meals out where you need to eat toast when you get home 'cos you are still hungry! cards that end up in the bin filling land fill or whatever. Champagne gives me a headache. flowers that wilt. Hate that sort of thing! instead, we traditionally go to the garden centre and buy a plant each- the OH gets a shrub or whatever.. and I always get a new David Austen rose. then we have a hot chocolate and a chat. I know what you are thinking... boring couple ...!
                                David Austen roses sound perfect to me! Think we might be going there over the weekend.
                                Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X