No announcement yet.

Charity Bags

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate the stuff we get through the door. Daughters pooch used to put a lot of posters off. He's gone up north now and we have started barking at random posters in the hope it will put them off. Don't think we have the same effect. Miss him so much). Can talk to daughter but can't get a good luscious lick and welcome home from him. OH can't quite hack it.

What I mean is OH not as pleased to see me...am I digging a hole?
    Last edited by donnakebab; 10-02-2012, 11:00 PM.

Comment

The last time or two we filled them up with things (books etc) they never collected them, since then we never bother. Wonder how much money they spend on petrol going round delivering and collecting these things? [/cynic]

Comment

we get a spate of four or five a week then nothing for months. I used ot keep them for putting the recyling plastic in, now they're used as bin liners.
        If I see any left on the side of the road that are full, if they're still there the next day, I'll collect them, go through them, take what I can use,. then charity the rest [the odd one, not lots of bags I mean]

Comment

We get loads of them. I've never filled them as there are 3 or 4 deserving charity shops just 5 mins walk away that we can easily take items to. Most of them aren't 'true' charity collections, but commercial companies who make a profit from the textiles but the claim that they give a proportion of profits or a fixed monthly amount to charity is stated large enough on their bags so that many people mistake them for the real deal. It's a shame as the registered charities really need all the contributions they can get - especially the small local ones.
          come visit a garden
          or read about mine www.suburbanvegplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

put one inside another, 3/4 fill em with MPC and use em for grow bags..
            I also use them with a flower bucket in to stop the water seepage when growing toms in the greenhouse.
            Roger
            Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

we get them all the time, despite a small mountain of them being left on the gas box right beside the door. Have given up and started using them to bag up the plastics to tak to the recycling bank.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X