Reasoned Debate!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donnakebab View Post
    Well if she wants to walk up a ladder, on a building site, in the summer on a breezy day, or in the pouring rain, with her hard hat on that co-ordinates with her pretty frock...that's her choice isn't it.
    It absolutely is... she hasn't had to do that yet, but I am sure that she will deal with the situation in her own inimitable style when she does.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

What if roles had to be reversed? My lovely hubby has been out of work for a year now, so I work full time (45 hours) while he does the school run and housework and cooks the tea AND he does the ironing. It works well for us.

To make it manly I get him to do the heavy stuff in the garden lottie for me like digging, and putting up things using pallets lol
      God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done. ~Author Unknown

http://twitter.com/#!/louisebriggs2
      http://facebook.com/louise.briggs2
      http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...s/briggsy2011/

Comment

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
        Would you want your childs nappy changed by a man at nursery school?
        Would you be happy to let a man take you to toilet or help you with a bedpan/bedbath in hospital?
        Don't have a problem with a man changing a child's nappy if that's part of his job.

However, I would hate a man taking me to the toilet or helping with bedpan/bedbath in hospital. Not keen on females doing it either cos I'm very independant, but last year I had to have help (from female nurses) whilst in hospital.

Of course female nurses help men in hospital don't they - and I don't hear any men complaining about that! Hmm.
        Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

I guess women wouldn't want a man doing mammograms or smears!

I recently had my prostate checked by a female nurse and whilst she had her finger up my back passage she suddenly said "dont i know you from somewhere?"
          Made me laugh!

Maybe too much information
          Last edited by cardiffsteve; 21-01-2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Kind of off track, but kind of not...did anyone watch 'My Transexual Summer' ? There was a lady on there looking for work and in her search went to a Bridal shop....she was treated appallingly, imo, being told that the customers would be uncomfortable...it was actually really painful to watch.
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I recently had my prostate checked by a female nurse and whilst she had her finger up my back passage she suddenly said "dont i know you from somewhere?"
              Made me laugh!
              I don't know? I understand it may bother some, but it really wouldn't me. I actually had an incident when I had my last smear, the nurse needed to get a doc to look and I went into panic mode as I know one of the female Doctors, when the nurse apologised that it would have to be a male doctor I actually breathed a sigh of relief.
              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Made me laugh!

Maybe too much information

maybe if he was good looking lol

nice!
                God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done. ~Author Unknown

http://twitter.com/#!/louisebriggs2
                http://facebook.com/louise.briggs2
                http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...s/briggsy2011/

Comment

My very first smear was done by a chap.

Comment

TMI peeps. I'm going back to my crochet...
                    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                      I'm going back to my crochet...
                      So many one liners, so little time. I'm off to the co-op.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzylemon View Post
                        I have to say given the choice, I personally don't think men should be Midwives. I know a lot of people wouldn't agree with me but personally, I even found examinations by female Midwifes very intrusive during the birth process, so I can't begin to imagine how I would have felt going through it all if it was a male Midwife. I know a lot of people on here wont agree with me, but it is based on my personal experience. Im sure some one else will have a different out look on the subject. And I know this sounds completely 'dark ages' I found the idea of being with other females very comforting because I could 'see' the link throughout human history of females helping others with the birthing process, stick a male face in the middle and the linkage, for me, does work any more.
                        I cant see a difference really with a male midwife or a male doctor... They have to have a peer "up there" and have doubtless seen thousands so its just another day in the office for them. doesnt bother me in the slightest or wouldnt, I've never seen a midwife of either persuasion!
                        http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by donnakebab View Post
                          OH says I'm my dad in a skirt.

Cheeky wotsit!
                          hmmm......
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

CS, are you actually thinking before you type? Why wouldn't I want a male nursery nurse looking after my kids? Why wouldn't I want a male nurse looking after me in hospital? These things are both jobs, which have training involved, if whoever has done the training and been passed competent to do the job, why would I have a problem with it? Or am I supposed to assume that men are incapable of doing any job that involves caring for people without constantly thinking about having sex with them? I'm sorry, but that's seriously twisted.

As for smears, mammograms, giving birth etc. I think I've probably seen more gynaecologists than most people on here, and only once seen a woman. It might be slightly embarrassing the first time, but when you're at life-threatening point, the embarrassment soon disappears. And similarly with giving birth, can't see how having a bloke there is any different from having a midwife there that hasn't had any babies herself. The only experience either of them has is having assisted other people!

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                              Then I'm a guy!
                              And I'm a gal.........
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

My mum had males nurses in hospital, she did find it a bit difficult at first, but then said she'd had male doctors see her in less than glamorous situations, so it wasn't much different really. I find it hard having anyone helping me to do these sort of things, the gender hasn't much to do with it. I did find it hard when being discharged after having my son when I was waiting outside for my OH to bring the car round from the car park. The doctor who had 'sewn me up' after the birth came out, and asked how I was doing. Somehow seeing him in a more 'social' environment seemed totally different than in the delivery room. I don't think I'd have found it any easier if the doctor had been female though.
                                Also, when we had our daughter, my OH said he felt a bit odd changing her nappy. I pointed out is was no different than doing the boys, babies have to be cleaned whatever their sex to keep them healthy. Assuming that the adult who is performing the task has no unnatural inclinations, it does not matter what gender they are. I would be more concerned if a baby needed a nappy change and was neglected because the carer was the 'wrong' gender!
                                I think the assumption that all men are potential paedophiles, and no women are is very flawed. Also it is accepted that not all heterosexuals find everyone of the opposite sex attractive, and yet it is often assumed that all homosexuals are attracted to everyone of the same gender as themselves.
                                I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                                Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X