Reasoned Debate!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
    Would you want your childs nappy changed by a man at nursery school?
    Would you be happy to let a man take you to toilet or help you with a bedpan/bedbath in hospital?
    Yes, and
    Yes

Regarding the former, I think that there are many male children who could use positive male role models.
    Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
    Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
      There are two that I can think of that do require the right chromosomes - sperm donor and egg donor!
      Where does that leave Margaret Thatcher?

Comment

I wouldn't want a peadophile to change my childs nappy, as we've learnt over the years, that's not gender specific either. So, no, I'd not have a problem with a man changing my childs nappy or working with them.

Would I want a man to take me to the toilet in hospital, no, not really, but nor would I want a woman to. If ever I found myself in that position then I would accept the help from whichever nurse was there to give it.
        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by donnakebab View Post
          Where does that leave Margaret Thatcher?
          Thats a whole different topic!
          Dont think we are talking ethics more suitability for jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
            Would you want your childs nappy changed by a man at nursery school?
            Would you be happy to let a man take you to toilet or help you with a bedpan/bedbath in hospital?
            Neither of these jobs is very pleasant. Plus, I think we've seen enough horrific footage of abuse by WOMEN in both of these roles in recent years.

So yes, I'd accept either. Unless in the latter case it is Daniel Craig, in which case he must be restricted to petting only and ...oh wait you said BED BATH! I'm in!!!

Comment

If a person has proved suitable for the job, has the qualifications and necessary security checks then why couldn't they do the job? I think in the nursery environment women have recently been proved to be just as, if not more abusive than men.

I would not be comfortable with a male nurse helping me to the toilet. Just another thing to stress out over if you are already in a stressful situation. But needs must when the devil vomits in your kettle!

Comment

I have to say given the choice, I personally don't think men should be Midwives. I know a lot of people wouldn't agree with me but personally, I even found examinations by female Midwifes very intrusive during the birth process, so I can't begin to imagine how I would have felt going through it all if it was a male Midwife. I know a lot of people on here wont agree with me, but it is based on my personal experience. Im sure some one else will have a different out look on the subject. And I know this sounds completely 'dark ages' I found the idea of being with other females very comforting because I could 'see' the link throughout human history of females helping others with the birthing process, stick a male face in the middle and the linkage, for me, does work any more.

Comment

Why is this such a constant topic on this forum tbh I am a woman and there are cetrain things I am not as good at as my boyfriend when it comes to work (he just has more strength) but that is not the case for all women (or all men for that fact ) so all this generalisation is silly if you ask me.
                  Last edited by kfan; 21-01-2012, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kfan View Post
                    Why is this such a constant topic on this forum
                    I don't know.....
                    Last edited by zazen999; 21-01-2012, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kfan View Post
                      Why is this such a constant topic on this forum tbh I am a woman and there are cetrain things I am not as good at as my boyfriend when it comes to work (he just has more strength) but that is not the case for all women (or all men for that fact ) so all this generalisation is silly if you ask me.
                      Yes I agree that men are generally stronger but my BH is better at opening jars than me.

Just thought it might be any interesting discussion.

Comment

When I was married, I was a professional incompetent at opening wine bottles. Now that my husband is no more, I've developed all sorts of skills I never knew I had. Necessity is a wonderful teacher.

Comment

on this topic then: is it normal to have a him and her garden? I love my pretty flowers whereas my OH loves the rock garden and palms. And when it comes to the veg garden I love the sowing and re-potting etc whereas he enjoys digging things up and stealing all our peas
                          Last edited by kfan; 21-01-2012, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                            I don't know.....
                            About this debate? Why we talk about it so much (do we?) or which jobs should remain gender specific or just life in general? I know my 'Don't Know' is normally directed at life in general

Comment

In my limited experience, men tend to plant in rows, like straight edges and clipped hedges while women tend to be less regimented and naturalistic in their approach. I'm prepared to be shot down and have a parachute ready.

Comment

Then I'm a guy!
                                Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X