Have your eating habits changed?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    today there's a fair bit of chard so it will be a gratin.
    ... or a curry, soup or pie
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We cook from scratch (after being a uni student, and really not liking what my house mates were cooking, also looking into what was in the 'value' range of tins back then - shocking amounts of salt, etc) all the time now, haven't bought a jar of sauce for example in years.

We tend to eat seasonly, but some stuff we do eat isn't seasonal - let alone local (fruit, for example). I'm making an effort now, though!

Eggs wise, yes.. we range from around 15-21 eggs a week, from our usual purchase of 6 eggs lasting us a week or two. I had some "farm" eggs at my fathers place yesterday - tasted sad, and tasteless compared to ours fresh from the garden... but yep, we make cakes, and a lot of things with egg in it - or if we're sick of them for a week just give them away.

I'd like to be at least 50% self sufficient in terms of fruit and veg. One of my ideas in life is to do a self build - of which I'd like to explore the options of piping excess heat through to a greenhouse that would otherwise be wasted - solar powered lights for lighting during the low-light hours, etc - try and grow some of the fruit we enjoy but doesn't fair well in our climate here. *carries on dreaming*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X