No announcement yet.

Snow Yet?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing here except freezing cold winds.
    The sooner the snow comes the better, I'm finished this afternoon until after New Years
    Garden Chris

Comment

At the moment just very strong winds + plenty of the wet stuff, cold too!!!

paul.
      Help Wildlife.
      Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

At the moment just very strong winds + plenty of the wet stuff, cold too.

paul.
        Help Wildlife.

Comment

No snow yet just howling winds, + rain!! very cold too!!!

paul.
          Help Wildlife.

Comment

Pretty nasty here in Glasgow, plenty hail and sleet but no snow yet.
            My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Not been outside at all today, was working from home and the sound of the wind and rain didn't encourage me to leave the front room! Was talking to a colleague in Scotland earlier and they were all sent home due to the weather.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

There was snow here yesterday, enough to cover the pavements most of the day; this morning it was still around, and the grass was frozen stiff. Since I put my washing out on the whirly however, the rain has hammered on the windows and washed the snow away...and I think I saw a boilersuit go Mary Poppins a wee while ago...well, something was waving an arm at me !
                Hasn't been much beyond Force 7 here, but tomorrow and the day after doesn't look good to judge by the isobars on the Metcheck forecasts.
                Tomorrow would be a day I absolutely must spend in Aberdeen - I normally enjoy a blizzard, but not when I have to hang around waiting for dental appointments and transport home !

Postscript: just went out and fetched in the washing. Snowing hard, and very blowy.
                Last edited by snohare; 08-12-2011, 09:19 PM.
                There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

That whirly thing of yours - sounds like a "spin & rinse" to me. Was it your boiler suit -I won't sleep tonight unless I know that its not going to come tapping on the window here.

Comment

Originally posted by snohare View Post
                    Hasn't been much beyond Force 7 here, but tomorrow and the day after doesn't look good to judge by the isobars on the Metcheck forecasts.
                    Tomorrow would be a day I absolutely must spend in Aberdeen - I normally enjoy a blizzard, but not when I have to hang around waiting for dental appointments and transport home !

Postscript: just went out and fetched in the washing. Snowing hard, and very blowy.
                    I remember that weather from living in Inverurie! We moved back here in 2001, and the month before we moved there was one day when it didn't get light all day - you couldn't see your hand in front of your face through the blizzarding snow. They grounded the helicopters, closed the schools, sent everyone home from work in Aberdeen. But the next day was like something out of Heidi - brilliant blue skies (that bright clear light you only get far north) and beautiful crisp snow. And the world was silent cos there were no planes or choppers, or traffic - pure deid gallas!

Jules
                    Last edited by julesapple; 08-12-2011, 09:46 PM.
                    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Having watched the news I am thankful I live where I do. You folks up north and beyond appear to have taken a real hammering. You grapes keep your heads down and stay safe.

Colin
                      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

pure deid gallas
                        I catch your drift !

Veggiechicken, I think you can sleep soundly. From what I heard, it is stranded at the 11 Mile Depot and has no boots, it will never reach you.

As for the surviving laundry, well it came in a good deal wetter than it went out.
                        There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

I did sleep soundly and this morning, all is calm. The sun is shining, blue sky and a rainbow! I hope it is equally serene for everyone else and that Snohare manages the dry the washing!

Comment

Much calmer here this morning,patchy dark cloud mixed with bright sunshine.
                            "... discipline is what the world needs today and etiquette, you know. For one of the noblest things a man can do is to do the best he can, yeah ..."

Prince Far I (1944-1983)

Comment

Snow has started here in Glasgow. I'm hoping it doesn't get too heavy so I can go check what damage yesterday's storm caused at the plot.
                              My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Blue sky, a lot less windy, sun out - cant believe we will have snow down here so fingers crossed.
                                Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X