Economic growth

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donnakebab View Post
    Well maybe read the words a bit slower next time.

Donna, could you be more patronising?

Comment

I'll try if you'll try.

Comment

Rattles pram out don't throw your the. Please rearrange and keep one's cool. Pretty Please.

Colin
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Yup any more and the thread will be closed
          Its nearly Christmas so smile
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Its nearly Christmas so smile
            If you don't I'll "pun"ish you - I'll tell you my dentistry jokes. (The students at the dental school yesterday agreed I ended up ahead on points - I caused more pain. )
            There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Close the thread zazen999. You know you want to.

Comment

Sorry folks but I spent a few hours driving to Coventry with a friend of mine this week - we were chatting away about the future for the young'uns. Passing the signposts to Ryton , plans about projects with young people for growing your own suddenly started to be laid - followed by a little trip up London Road to get to our destination. At which point Binley's Centenary Garden was discussed. By the time we got home we had decided that we need to do some serious work with the charity my friend heads up! Can't wait!!
                What's this got to do with economic growth? Well we think the future resilience of our community is going to be how self sufficient the young people can be and how resourceful. And we want to help them.
                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Jeanie, my dream pet project is to get my hands on some land (lease would do), get a big polytunnel and a portacabin with a kitchen in it, and run courses teaching people to grow, cook and preserve. Surplus produce sold cheap to the locals, good nutrition and self-sufficiency skills for everyone.

Having no money, and being utterly cr*p at organisation are fairly major downfalls to the plan though.

Comment

Sorry I missed you Jean.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                      Jeanie, my dream pet project is to get my hands on some land (lease would do), get a big polytunnel and a portacabin with a kitchen in it, and run courses teaching people to grow, cook and preserve. Surplus produce sold cheap to the locals, good nutrition and self-sufficiency skills for everyone.
                      I was talking to one of my schools this week, we had to go indoors as they were taking asbestos out near our polytunnel. I explained how to grow your own wheat, and to grind it, how to make butter and mozarella cheese and they were so excited about it - I couldn't tell you.

Comment

Me too. but I haven't got the qualifications to work with young children. Fair play to you. X

Comment

We spent an hour going through seed catalogues at Gardening Club last week, my little group have the makings of full on seed addicts If they had their way, we'd be digging up the whole school field!

Donna, I have no 'qualifications' to teach anyone, I just have a CRB check, and plenty of enthusiasm. I don't get paid for what I do at school; unfortunately I can't guarantee being fit to do it day in, day out, which makes employers understandably wary, so I'd have to be self-employed or an unpaid volunteer as I am now.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                            I was talking to one of my schools this week, we had to go indoors as they were taking asbestos out near our polytunnel. I explained how to grow your own wheat, and to grind it, how to make butter and mozarella cheese and they were so excited about it - I couldn't tell you.
                            It's going to make such a difference to their lives, I applaud your endeavours. Any project that teaches our children that they don't have to sit in front of a computer all day is fine by me. But what do I know.

Asbestos is bad. Take care.

Comment

Well I think I need some serious talks with my friend who runs the charity and a few of my grape pals. Watch out for a few pms folks! The first project we have hit on is a small pumpkin growing project - followed by cooking, eating and seed saving!
                              My friend was all keen to talk about the 'make do and mend' movement - of which my mother was a keen proponent all her life - but the youngsters know very little about these days.
                              We think a few talented teachers and role models are needed - there are a few out there as well!
                              Last edited by Jeanied; 10-12-2011, 09:34 PM.
                              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                                We spent an hour going through seed catalogues at Gardening Club last week, my little group have the makings of full on seed addicts If they had their way, we'd be digging up the whole school field!

Donna, I have no 'qualifications' to teach anyone, I just have a CRB check, and plenty of enthusiasm. I don't get paid for what I do at school; unfortunately I can't guarantee being fit to do it day in, day out, which makes employers understandably wary, so I'd have to be self-employed or an unpaid volunteer as I am now.
                                At the risk of being 'patronising' i'd say that you are one of the unsung heroes that keep their head low and just fight on. You have my admiration and respect. Keep up the good work sweets. X

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X