Economic growth

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
    I think you are deliberately missing the point....which is that when people moan about the youth they only have themselves to blame as by definition they are older and hence part of the generation that 'dealt the cards' so to speak. I was responding to Donna's point about things changing in between kids and the kids only have the experience that the grown-ups design - so it's hardly their fault, is it?
    What I was saying was that my kids had the same upbringing despite the age gap. What changed was outside the home was out of my control to a certain extent. That included education and social climate. It doesn't mean that I was oblivious to developments in technology, media and communication. My own parents failed me on fundamental issues that have affected the whole of my life. I have tried to bring my children up in a way that I think they would be better equipped to attain a happier and more fulfilling life than myself. Don't be mistaken in thinking their lives are perfect because they aren't but at least they have the foundations of a sense of reality, common sense and a family network that cares about them. Is that enough?
    Last edited by zazen999; 09-12-2011, 10:21 PM. Reason: fixing quote

Comment

No - am not saying that it is any one's 'fault' - just that general whingeing about the next generation is pretty pointless! They will be whingeing about their next generation before you know it.

Comment

With regards to the public sector I don't see the problem with the actual workers who get the job done. SWMBO certainly tries to get on with her job as do most of her works mates. The first tier of management seems to fall into the same catagory trying to get on and provide a service with what appears to be little or no help from above.

However once we get into middle and upper tiers of management there are no doubt problems. For a start there are to many of them a lot to many. Then as posted above there would seem to be little or no accountability. Even when glaring mistakes are made that result in great finacial loss or worse they seem to cover each others backsides. How many more times to we have to hear 'lessons will be learned'. A phrase invented by the public sector senior management to excuse poor performance. In my opinion that phrase as now been around so long the bladdy lessons should have been learnt by now.

Colin
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

No - am not saying that it is any one's 'fault' - just that general whingeing about the next generation is pretty pointless! They will be whingeing about their next generation before you know it.
          To be honest I don't know anybody who whinges about the next generation. I do speak to people who find it difficult to raise the next generation. I have heard that some people that have decided to not have children object to paying taxes for education. One day these people will be older and may need medical or social care. Who is going to look after them? it won't be their own generation will it. I have in my time met good and bad in every generation. How old are you zazen?

Comment

Originally posted by donnakebab View Post
            How old are you zazen?
            Eh? Why do you want to know?

Comment

Talking of the future generation I am rather hoping that I never become a grandma.
              To be honest I don't know anybody who whinges about the next generation.
              Yourself???

Comment

Yourself???
                I know how difficult it is to raise children and it seems to me it is becoming more difficult. I don't wish that upon my children. Do you?

Comment

Are you picking on me? It feels like it and I'm not used to it because generally I'm quite a moderate person.

Comment

Are you picking on me? It feels like it and I'm not used to it because generally I'm quite a moderate person.
                    No - you started a thread and I responded. You felt the need to ask me my age - which is somewhat patronising and completely irrelevant.

You asked for people's views and got them.

If everyone bemoans things and blames everyone else; it's not me guv - it's them - then where does that get us? I'm just pointing that out. All I've said on here is that it's not terribly good to bemoan the next generation when you were the generation that taught them; and not good to moan about the lack of apprenticeships when you don't have an answer to the situation.
                    Last edited by zazen999; 10-12-2011, 08:33 AM.

Comment

... but one can point out failings and problems, without necessarily having the answers
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

And I'm just pointing out that bemoaning the next generation is pretty pointless!

What are we going to do - get rid and start again?

Comment

And I'm just pointing out that bemoaning the next generation is pretty pointless!

What are we going to do - get rid and start again?
                          I'm glad my parents didn't decide to do that

I think it's this generation that needs to, at least start, sorting things out...we can't leave everything to the next generation.
                          Whether we like the look of them or not....they are the future, even if we are not around to see it!
                          We all hear about the nasty ones among them, but there are plenty of well brought up, and well behaved, and hopefully well educated kids out there
                          Last edited by Thelma Sanders; 10-12-2011, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Yourself???
                            You are deliberately misconstruing everything I have said. I have never whinged about the next generation. I am always interested in other peoples opinions whether I agree with them or not. Not wanting to be a grandma has nothing to do with my feelings about future generations...they haven't been born yet so how can anyone have an opinion?

Bringing up children is hard work, stressful and expensive and you have to be completely dedicated to the job to reap the benefits, of which there are many.

Forgive me for asking your age. It was not meant in a patronising manner.

Comment

You are deliberately misconstruing everything I have said. I have never whinged about the next generation. I am always interested in other peoples opinions whether I agree with them or not. Not wanting to be a grandma has nothing to do with my feelings about future generations...they haven't been born yet so how can anyone have an opinion?
                              No, I'm not. I'm just responding to words on a screen. Sorry if you think I'm having a go. I'm just typing a response to words I read.

Comment

Well maybe read the words a bit slower next time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X