No announcement yet.

"going it alone"

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to you lad, hope it all works out for you.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

A bold move in these hard times, but I'm sure it will work out - very best wishes for success - Sage words from Colin below, keep them in mind!

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
      .............................As others have said don't under charge a mans worthy of his hire and those who don't want to pay are usually the ones with most money, ........................... Colin.

Comment

Best wishes for your new venture
        http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sarajjohnson
        http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...blogs/pipkins/

Comment

all the best
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Best of luck CS - I hope it goes well for you. Oh and let me know when you head down this neck of the woods as there are a few things I need to get sorted out!
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Good luck dude - very brave.
              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Interesting, as I've been thinking of going contracting (the rate for what I do, which contractors here get paid means that I'd make what I do now in a month, in less than a week - which is rediculous).

Best of luck though dude!

Comment

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words and encouragement. It means alot when people spur you on. Fingers crossed it goes well!
                  " Thou shall not lay a hedge when the birds are nesting"

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
                    Interesting, as I've been thinking of going contracting (the rate for what I do, which contractors here get paid means that I'd make what I do now in a month, in less than a week - which is rediculous).

Best of luck though dude!
                    Go for it Chris. If dont try it you will never know!

Comment

When going it alone, always add into your equations, sick pay and holidays. we still get ill and we still want to go on holiday so when quoting make sure you allow a percentage extra for these occasions.

So in very simple terms divide what you want to earn a year after deductions, by 52 weeks less 4 week hols and 2 weeks sickness. This becomes your nett nett minimum. Then add on all your costs, motor vehicle, fuel, tools, advertising etc etc. Then add on the tax mans cut, and you arrive at what you need to earn every week. Look at this figure and decide if your contracts will cover it, then anything else on top is bonus. simples.
                      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Thank you Mikey

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                          Started out on my own over 20 years ago. Its the best and worst thing you will ever do just make sure the best bits happen more often than the worst bits and its great.

As others have said don't under charge a mans worthy of his hire and those who don't want to pay are usually the ones with most money, thats how they get to keep it in the first place.
                          The hardest part for me is mornings like this morning. Cold, dark, miserable, the beds warm and you know you don't have to go. Takes a lot of will power to haul my arris off the bed and go to work.

All the very best Colin.
                          Round here its termed as 'Fur coat and nee knickers'
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

In this job climate, it takes a hell of a lot of nerve to go -it alone. So i take my hat off too you and wish you all the luck you need.

paul.
                            Help Wildlife.
                            Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

Thank you Pauco, its now or never! "FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE" and all that!

Comment

Or, in the words of Del boy, "He who dares wins"
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X