Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck chat is taking over the forum......

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weed and feed dude. I buy chook food instead of fertiliser. Their poo is awesome (well you know what I mean). You simply cant beat running weeds through a chicken before you sling em on the compost. My cabbages were quite frightening this year. My daughter was devastated (she hates cabbage). Each to their own. I love growing veg and have a seven bed rotation including chooks. I could bore you for hours about my fantastic onions and diabolical pumpkins not to mention my latest experiment with brassica, diatoms and slugs plus how not to attract pollinating insects to your beans by covering them with sweet peas to the point the bean plants die (ahem, moving swiftly on).Thing is though its not a disaster if my beans get sick and die...well only to me. If my chooks get sick I need to take a large pot of vaseline and bend over for advice out of a book at the vets or watch my chooks die. That is not good. This forum is a godsend.

Comment

Hmmm....well...(not speaking on behalf of the other Mods)...

Personally- I'll talk* to anyone, any time, about anything, anywhere.

* I use the term 'talk' loosely ...you may have noticed

OK chuck?

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Although my dad kept chickens when i was small, for the moment i have no room so i have almost no interest in chicken related banter, that said i will read a thread if it looks interesting...
        Other than than i simply dont click!
        <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

I had poached egg on toast for dinner last night. It was amazing.. Eggs so fresh, I was literally waiting, watching one lay before I abruptly uprooted her from the nest box, and ran in the warm, sticky egg before cracking it in a pan of simmering water.

Amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Newton View Post
            Chuck chat is taking over the forum......
            Is it? Is it really?

Firstly, I clicked 'New Posts'. There was 2 threads from the Rule the Roost board. The rest were from General Chat, this being one of them.

Secondly, it's no longer the growing season. Posts about veggies will drop off steadily now til February/March. However, chickens don't tend to die off over winter, so people still talk about them.

Thirdly, why the chuff are you bothered if people talk about chickens, in the chicken-related area of the forum? If you want to talk about veggies, start some threads.

Fourthly, this thread has made me really cross, so I'm offski before I say something I shouldn't.

Comment

Dont keep Chooks myself, But Cant for the life of me see how Posting about them or anything else in the relevant forum can bother anyone else?????????????? if your not interested, Dont read it.....SIMPLES!!!
              "... discipline is what the world needs today and etiquette, you know. For one of the noblest things a man can do is to do the best he can, yeah ..."

Prince Far I (1944-1983)

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post

I'll talk* to anyone, any time, about anything, anywhere.

lol, well you are a woman

Comment

I think AP had better get out the Tin 'At!

I also think Newton was bored, and decided to be a little mischievous, hence the start of the thread.

Just my opinion.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I did notice that Newton hasn't been back on this thread since he started it Durrr de duuurrrrrr
                    Dur de durrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                    Last edited by rustylady; 22-10-2011, 05:00 PM.

Comment

In actual fact- the forums reflect the GYO mag
                      Have a look at the Contents page- 'regular features'.... Veg and fruit/recipes/chooks

Ha!...the combination seems to work exceptionally well! ....

" ...and she said to him...and he said to her...and well- do you know what????...."
                      Last edited by Nicos; 22-10-2011, 05:26 PM.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post

^^^^That is brilliant Nicos ^^^^
                        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I don't realy do 'chat' at all! As AP so rightly mentions though the forum and magazine are called 'Grow your Own'.
                          You can't really insist on a 'chooker' joining the general chit chat, just as you can't insist the general chatters join the chook chat.
                          Each to there own, you can either get involved with both, or one only, or like myself, with neither.
                          I reckon the forum just about mimicks the magazine in the amount of space and time devoted to each subject?

Thats why the magazine and the forum are a success!
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                            I don't realy do 'chat' at all! As AP so rightly mentions though the forum and magazine are called 'Grow your Own'.
                            You can't really insist on a 'chooker' joining the general chit chat, just as you can't insist the general chatters join the chook chat.
                            Each to there own, you can either get involved with both, or one only, or like myself, with neither.
                            I reckon the forum just about mimicks the magazine in the amount of space and time devoted to each subject?

Thats why the magazine and the forum are a success!
                            That and the friendly Bantam...sorry, banter!
                            <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

I was totally unaware that there was a specific chat thread in the chook section and to be honest couldn't care less. I am aware of the general chat thread and don't think I've ever clicked on it as I'm not interested - it doesn't make any difference, plenty of people do and that's fair enough. I do however get involved in other bits of chat when I want to - such as this thread. No particular logic to what I do and don't get involved in, might depend on what mood I'm in at the time. I joined mainly for the veg sections though and it will always be that section which interests me the most.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

No. Wait. A thought; Did Newt mean chucks or chooks?

He may have meant lovely people from North of the Watford Gap or Oop Norrth...get thee'sel back here Newton chuck, we need t'clarification.

Jules
                                Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X