Stress Relief

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Munch View Post
    The weird this is I have no problem sleeping, in actual fact I could sleep at just about any given moment!

Tired all the time!
    This is a symptom of depression too....definately go and talk to the Dr, maybe suggest that you dont want tablets and ask what else he can do for you?

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
      This is a symptom of depression too....definately go and talk to the Dr, maybe suggest that you dont want tablets and ask what else he can do for you?
      yes stress and anxiety causes sleepless nights due to racing thoughts, depression makes you sleepy but you often wake up in the early hours unable to get back off. x

Comment

I hope you feel better soon. Loads of good advice above but as no-one else has mentioned it, have you tried some sort of basic crafting? I'm crocheting a blanket at the mo and although it probably sounds naff, it's like a sort of meditation. It's a very simple pattern, so there's no referring to instructions or worrying about getting it wrong. I find it very calming to just sit quietly with my yarn and hook, making the same repetitive motions (plus I can sit under it on cold days!).
        I was feeling part of the scenery
        I walked right out of the machinery
        My heart going boom boom boom
        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
        I've come to take you home."

Comment

Suppose you could call that a "comfort blanket" Seahorse and what a good idea
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Im another that is struggling with depression as we speak and like you I can sleep for a week at any given moment. I know what has caused mine, my family disowned me 2 weeks ago. I am another that is completely against meds FOR ME. I have reacted badly to them before. However, I have known people that they have helped so its horses for courses. I believe that time, understnading and acceptance I will feel better. I hope time will prove its the best healer for you Munch. I would however completely agree with Seahorse. Crafting has helped me cope tremendously in the last few years. Hobby's help immensely as it gives you some calm time for you.
            http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

I was suffering with work related stresss last year. Like a typical bloke i thought I was Ok when clearly I wasn't and hadn't been for a while. It got to the stage where I phoned a helpline and broke down in tears. All the stuff i was bottling up came out and i had to go and see the doctor the next day. I was signed off work (4 months in the end) and recommended to do cognitive behavioural therapy. Although sceptical it worked a treat. I could work out why I was stressed and what I could do about it in future. I actually took up gardening as a result. I also did a bit of 1-1 counselling which was a great help. A year on I'm back at work, happy and adicted to gardening. Basically, it helped to talk to the professionals - i didn't want to but apparently i was a week away from a complete breakdown.

Comment

Chooks can be a great stress reliever...........
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X