Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How you know you're getting long in the tooth...........

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
    Oh yes!!!
    I do a nice line in despising television and radio people (professional communicators) who use bad grammar. I could have taught Lynn Truss all she knows!
    I'll just hutch up a bit Flum, and you can join me in pedants corner.

I'm very like minded in the bad use of the English language.

I'm good - what at?

valmarg

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Mum View Post
      explaining to DD that TV used to go off at midnight(ish) & there were only 3 then 4 channels, pubs shut at 10.30 & clubs at 2am......god i sound old but it wernt that long ago!!!!!
      When I was a Kid we lived abroad - TV didnt come on at all until 6pm then only an hour of kids TV then news and adults progs until 12pm then off! We certainly didn't veg then!

Originally posted by Germinater View Post
      When you realise your saying the exact same things to your children you remember your parents said to you..
      Sometimes I open my mouth and I SWEAR I can hear my mother talking! How did that happen....!!!
      http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

Oh dear. Vine birthdays....... mine never appears. Hutton Roof.......where we buried me mam's ashes 2 years ago, I come from Kirkby Lonsdale.

Scary bit is mirrors in shops and I wonder why my nana has just reappeared in front of me and then I realise it's me.
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

When I realised that although I dont feel old - I must be cos the kids were watching the film "Grease" and asking how old was it and it came out around the year I was born so that makes it 40 years old - when I used to watch a film that was 40 years old it would have been an early black n white film!
          Tammy x x x x
          Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
            I feel a bit sad when I see a new 'famous' person, don't know who on earth they are or why they're famous ... and then realise their parents are younger than me
            I second that - especially as I feel so many seem to be famous just for being famous.
            My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
              Oh yes!!!
              I do a nice line in despising television and radio people (professional communicators) who use bad grammar. I could have taught Lynn Truss all she knows!
              Agree x 100 - I realised I'm getting over the hill when I've been told I'm an 'Apostrophe Grouch.'

Sorry about the double post - I can't seem to do multi-quote on this new system. Another sign of getting old?
              Last edited by maytreefrannie; 27-06-2011, 09:35 AM.
              My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

When you fancy "going out" on a Sunday as a family and enjoy an afternoon dragging the kids, just like your parents did, around the local garden centres and DIY stores, not buying anything!

And ... when you walk through town in the evening and wonder when the young girls are going to put some clothes on before they catch a chill!
                Little ol' me

Has just bagged a Lottie!
                Oh and the chickens are taking over my garden!
                FIL and MIL - http://vegblogs.co.uk/chubbly/

Comment

I bought a book a bit ago 'Wrinklies' Wit and Wisdom' (Humerous Quotes About Getting On a Bit).

I could quote on here from now to Christmas, but I'll just choose and old Dennis Norden quote

'You know you're getting on when you start getting symptoms in the places where you used to get urges.

valmarg

Comment

P.S Another hate is getting my hair cut. Having had my hair washed, I hate being sat in front of a mirror for an interminable age looking at my mother.

valmarg

Comment

When you have a bag of murray mints in the car and find it perfectly acceptable.
                      When you receive a CV and the D.O.B reads a date in the 1990's...
                      When you realise you've been listening to your favourite band for 20 years.
                      When you listen to Radio1 and realise you are not their target demographic
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

When I really like what my sons girlfriends are wearing then realise I would look like mutton if I wore the same thing!
                        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

When I realised a work colleague was at school with my son (and she admits that she had a huge crush on him!)
                          Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                          So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

When your teenage granddaughter is going on a camping trip and can fit into a nearly new kagool of yours and a brand new pair of wellies!
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Ummm...When you used to go clubbing at 17 and see the 'nearly 30' yr old in the corner or embarrassing themselves on the dance floor, you now realise...its you!!!
                              <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

When you look in a recent edition of the Daily Mail and there is a check list for people who think they are getting older and you tick more than half! Also when you decide to give up your lottie because your back hurts too much :-(
                                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X