No announcement yet.

Gardeners World

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree about Carol Kliens visits but I feel Monty brings a genuine enthusiasm and some real gardening for everyone to the programme.

Comment

I'm really glad to see Rachel de Thame back: an elegant, classy beauty who doesn't feel the need to jiggle or wiggle for the camera (unlike some raven haired cooks we could mention, if we didn't want to be shot down in flames )
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        I'm really glad to see Rachel de Thame back: an elegant, classy beauty who doesn't feel the need to jiggle or wiggle for the camera (unlike some raven haired cooks we could mention, if we didn't want to be shot down in flames )
        Ooooooh put yer claws away missus. . It ain't just the raven haired cooks that do it, blondes are at it as well and I'm not talking about Gordon Ramsay. Rachel Allen used to be a pleasure to watch but I'm sure her producers have tried to Nigellaise her.

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
          Ooooooh put yer claws away missus.
          I don't have claws out, and I'm not jealous either. I just object to every female on TV having to look like a pop star, and every pop star having to look like a p*rn star. Let's have intelligent, attractive female role models for our daughters please

Comment

Originally posted by Kristen View Post
            Compost Tea is a microbial symbiotic concoction, rather than a "fertilizer".
            I'm watching it now: it's not a feed, it's a brew to breed microbes. It seems to be homeopathy for plants
            Last edited by Two_Sheds; 05-04-2011, 07:57 AM.

Comment

I'm watching it now: it's not a feed,
              I think you will find I said that in the first post
              Last edited by womble; 05-04-2011, 08:13 AM.
              "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
                I think you will find I said that in the first post
                I wasn't contradicting you

Yes you did, but I'm trying to do 4 things at once (as usual) and missed it on first read

Comment

I really don't enjoy GW as much now. The video segments haven't interested me so far and there is something about Monty that i just don't like.

I do enjoy Gardeners Question Time on R4 though, had some good tips on there so far.

Comment

It seems to be homeopathy for plants
                    I like that description

We stayed with a friend at Xmas who had studied something to do with symbiotic plant associations for a PhD (well, I was impressed ... )

Anyways ... she said that leaf mould would get most of what you need, if not all. I'm pretty sure I have read that nurseries growing stock from seed (Hawthorn / Hornbeam hedge plants and the like, where the seedlings sit in the nursery beds for a year or two) use leafmould in the seed beds to promote root growth and speed up establishment of the plants.

I can't quite persuade myself that Mycorrhizal fungi are cost-effective, but maybe all I need is to put more effort into making leaf mould

Mycorrhiza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                    K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

our local "garden centre" won't sell it - they only just about sell plants these days and to get to them you have to wade through piles of tat.
                      Gill

So long and thanks for all the fish.........

I have a blog http://areafortyone.blogspot.co.uk

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop.

Comment

... It seems to be homeopathy for plants
                        Except homeopahty doesn't work

Comment

Time for a cost-benefit analysis: Imagine what that money could do for your plot if you spent it on other things!

A tonne of well-rotted manure for £25 (delivered) has to be more useful?
                          Resistance is fertile

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Wagland View Post
                            Time for a cost-benefit analysis: Imagine what that money could do for your plot if you spent it on other things!

A tonne of well-rotted manure for £25 (delivered) has to be more useful?
                            Well, a tonne of WRM delivered to me last year knocked my whole year's growing out as it was contaminated with Aminopyralid. £30 to buy, lost at least £300 in crops and the cost of the wasted seed/potatoes and plot costs plus weeks of mulching and digging in and another 6 weeks of raking out and piling up waiting for someone else to take it away......So - not necessarily!

Comment

I watched one of the Monty Don era repeats of GW on Blighty t'other day. It featured the first appearance of Toby Buckland on the show as a guest. He was great. He was full of enthusiasm and charm. It made me realise that the reasonably poor 2 series he presented were not his fault. If he had been given Berryfields to work in (as Monty had) and they'd stuck to that format he'd still be there now.

FYI: Toby has said that he will be back on TV 'this spring' and that he is opening a new nursery.

Comment

Fast becoming a waste of time watching,its a quick look at this then a quick look at that without much usefull info

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X