No announcement yet.

Can You Play Any Musical Instruments?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can play a dog whistle, and a traingle both badly.
    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Air guitar................................................badly.
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
        I tried that once, but it hurt my fingers after a while.
        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
          Is it possible to play it well!?
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
            I love to sing, but I'm rubbish at it, so I just sing in the car now, where no-one else can hear me!
            Me too, I occasionally (very occasionally) sing along to the radio in the house, but I must be really bad cos my new housemate howls!!!

Comment

hehe - we had one that used to howl every time the children did their violin practice. I think he was singing along because he even used to rush in from the garden to do it.

I was forced to play the piano for 7 years and played the xylophone in the school orchestra. Instruments learnt later, by my own choice, were violin, flute, penny whistle, Northumbrian pipes, English concertina and piano accordion, but I've never managed to learn the guitar

I've been told I play the fool like a master
              The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

When I was a teenager, I wanted to learn to be a drummer and because my old Dad was in the trade, he got me into a very well respected drum school in London and for two years I learned to play and from music when necessary. Luckily there aren't too many percussion instruments I haven't played or would be willing to have a go at.

Before I left the UK I played a variety of percussion instruments in a folk/world music band (my main musical interests) and I still have a few instruments around which I dig out to play at dances etc. And the tin whistle, bones etc.

Been one of the joys of my life, love playing and I listen to music on my ipods whenever I'm in the garden.
                TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

I started on violin when I was seven and moved on to double bass when I was 11. It was, and still is bigger than me. Earned my living for 11 years playing it along with guitar and a few other stringed instruments. Still get the guitar out from time to time but fingers don't move as well as they used to.
                  History teaches us that history teaches us nothing. - Hegel

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                    Is it possible to play it well!?
                    Yes if you play to Hendrix.
                    Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by oldie View Post
                      I started on violin when I was seven and moved on to double bass when I was 11. It was, and still is bigger than me. Earned my living for 11 years playing it along with guitar and a few other stringed instruments. Still get the guitar out from time to time but fingers don't move as well as they used to.
                      How do you get the damn thing under your chin....Bubblewrap beats a hasty retreat.
                      Brian Clough

Comment

Yea, I play guitar, mandola and dodgy fiddle.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen bee View Post
                          Yea, I play guitar, mandola and dodgy fiddle.
                          I can resist Anything except temptation
                          Last edited by Queen bee; 14-03-2011, 09:38 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Originally posted by oldie View Post
                            Wow Im jealous, I love the double bass! I have a few friends who play in psychobilly and rockabilly bands who play the bass. Im usually found at the front drooling ..... over the bass not the men! ha ha
                            Scarecrow: Come along, Dorothy. You don't want any of *those* apples.
                            Apple Tree: Are you hinting my apples aren't what they ought to be?
                            Scarecrow: Oh, no. It's just that she doesn't like little green worms!

Comment

Another triangle gal...although I seem to remember my teacher suggesting I held the triangle and not the string...with hindsight I guess she was telling me something

I love music and dancing but have absolutely no musical talent at all

I did go along to a few Samba nights and really enjoyed it...and I think I did OK...sadly I couldn't commit to it.
                              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Recorder (to a fairly high standard when in practice, I play Tenor or Bass recorder for preference) and violin (not really played since school, although I bought a cheap one a couple of years ago, but can't get any kind of 'pitch guide' to help me tune it).
                                I can read music, and pick out the tune on a keyboard, with 2 fingers, somewhat reminiscent of the way I type.
                                Church choir (sometimes I'm the only one who can hit the top notes, but I can't read music to sing to, only for instrument, so it isn't very good!).
                                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X