No announcement yet.

Celtic v Rangers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its the only way the bigots can fight it out now that ulster is quiet,coach loads come over for each old firm match,seems to be in convoys,the hate seems to be centred in glasgow and belfast,a shame as if they worked together ,they would have the tourists flocking in if they had joint parades,celebrating their joint histories,it would be a spectacular sight (dream on)...

Comment

Football rivalry is not unique to Glasgow. I worked in Edinburgh in the early 1970's and had the audacity to wear a wine colored tie to work one day. I was a jam tart before I knew it(Hearts supporter) even although I wasn't and some people even stopped talking to me.

As for Rangers and Celtic, they are only big because they have the drawing power because of the size of the local populations and thus have a huge financial advantage over the other teams in Scotland.

Also I have to say, it doesn't help that our team are just crap anyway.

Comment

Ugh, I absolutely LOATHE the religious/sectarian aspect to the whole Rangers Celtic thing. Really, really, really loathe it. All too often, Rangers fans seem to think they're English (all this union jack stuff!!) and Celtic fans seem to think they're Irish.

Give me shinty any day!
        Diagonally parked in a parallel universe!
        www.croila.net - "Human beans"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X