No announcement yet.

Do you have a cooked meal every day?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner is always a cooked meal. I can't imagine having a sandwich for the main meal of the day. I think Monsieur P would cry hahaha. He wouldn't understand

Comment

Occaisionally in summer we don't have a hot meal but we'll still have a proper meal of a large salad with a piece of cold chicken / salmon or whatever and a rice / cous cous. At this time of year I'd feel lost without a proper hot meal in the evenings. Our normal day is cereal / porridge or occaisionally toast for brekkie, butties / soup / salad for lunch and then cooked meal in the evenings. Don't have puddings or the like unless we're entertaining but often follow with some fruit. Food and meals are important to me to make me feel good (they fuel me etc etc) so I'd feel that I wasn't respecting my body if I didn't bother feeding myself and OH properly and made do with a snack when we needed a proper meal.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

In the colder months we always have at least one cooked/hot meal a day. I make a lot of stews and soups in the winter. But in summer we tend to have one hot thing on our plate i.e new potato's, steak, home made lasagne, fish...you know the thing, with a nice crunchy salad. When it comes to puds OH looooves his puds. Anything from home made rice pud to a good old fashioned trifle.

Comment

Yes, in winter. We are happy with a main course salad in summer but it has to have potato sald to count as dinner!
          At the moment (because I'm shedding the winter pounds) it's yoghurt for breakfast, either 2 scrambled eggs or a tin of mackerel in curry/mustard/spicy tomato sauce followed by as much fruit as I want for lunch, and hot dinner - no pud. No snacks. Seems to be working. 5lb over 3 weeks. Took longer than that to put it on!

Count me in for the hot meal brigade though. Cold doesn't cut it at dinner time.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

In the summer I dont always have a cooked meal - if you count that I may have pre-cooked something, such as spuds or a quiche- much prefer to eat a salad when the weather's hot.
            We've been trying to have a different thing for breakfast everyday - porridge, (sweet or savoury) museli, yoghurt, fruit, sometimes eggs, and on sunday we have french toast or pancakes (the drop kind).
            Although my OH prefers just to have toast.
            Lunchtime we try to steer clear of just having a sandwich - I've been making hommus and Tabbouleh with pittas, sometimes leftover pasta, or pizza....
            Just makes it a bit more interesting

Comment

In summer not too fussed about cooked meals but in winter, yes. Right now every morning is porridge with a handful of cranberries thrown in. Yesterday for lunch was hommous (sp?) and toast. Then for dinner was toast and beans - yum. Today porridge, lunch will be a bagel and bacon, dinner is going to chicken casserole (tonnes of veg). Unfortunately no treats cause I'm becoming a blimp.

Comment

Cooked meal each night, but weekends i like wife to have a break from cooking. So take aways win the day for us. Me i could live off salad butties, just love em! Tuna, toms,
                mayonnaise lovely.

paul.
                Help Wildlife.
                Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

We always have a cooked dinner in the winter even there is only the two of us to feed.
                  Cereal in the morning except Saturday and Sunday when we have a fry-up.
                  Soup, beans on toast or banana sandwiches for lunch and a cooked dinner around 7.o'clock followed by a mug of tea, and that's it for the day.
                  Summer is totally different, with as much and as many salads as we can eat, plus baked potato to accompany it and of course the odd glass of chilled white wine or three.
                  Oh the joys of summer.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I remember saying, about 10 years ago, that we knew we were going to be poor in our old age but we'd be quite happy to live on bread and cheese. My daughter fell about laughing and said "You already do!"

We tend to have cooked meals if the kids are around (though if the boys are working they get fed very well at the pub). Other than that it's hit and miss.

It depends on what you class as a cooked meal. For instance we disagree on egg sandwiches - Grumpy says the eggs have been cooked - and grilling cheese on toast surely doesn't count as cooking?

Lots of soups in the winter and stir-fries in summer (*cough* courgette glut *cough*).

If I cook a meal I often forget I'm not still cooking for 8 or more, so we tend to have the same thing the next day (and possibly even for breakfast).

Grumpy always has a big dish of crumble in the fridge and nukes a bowl every day. Contents vary. At this time of year it tends to be rhubarb or plums from the freezer.
                    The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

Yes we always have a cooked meal at night. We always did, even when we were both working, and I had to travel 20 miles home.

Ready meals have never been an option.

I should have to say we were a bit disorganised, but we always had a decent hot meal.

valmarg

Comment

2 cooked meals a day (lunch and dinner), sometimes 3 if I'm on earlies at work and am up at 4:10am, then its a full english at 8am. Lunch and dinner regardless of shift though are at 1pm and 8pm after we've got the kids to bed. Now i'm in my 30's I am getting slightly better with my diet but still weigh 19 stone :/ I've never liked salad and don't think I ever will Maybe growing my own this year will encourage me to enjoy it. We'll have to see.
                        www.gyoblog.co.uk

Comment

Always a cooked meal, but sometimes not hot (eg cold meat with salad). I usually do a roast on Sunday, cold-roast for Monday, but usuallly with jacket-spud or low-fat oven chips (and salad or veg).
                          Some days 2 meals that have involved SOME cooking (eggs for breakfast, or lunch). How do you define 'a cooked meal'?
                          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

We always have at least two cooked hot meals a day. My OH would have four if he could. I could live off cold salads & soups which I love, he will eat a whole loaf in one sitting; trouble is we both cook well and I love food, this is why I'm as wide as I am tall

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                              Always a cooked meal, but sometimes not hot (eg cold meat with salad). I usually do a roast on Sunday, cold-roast for Monday, but usuallly with jacket-spud or low-fat oven chips (and salad or veg).
                              Some days 2 meals that have involved SOME cooking (eggs for breakfast, or lunch). How do you define 'a cooked meal'?
                              I suppose I mean a "hot" meal with more than one hot component Hilary.
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

We've got cooked meal everyday.I like hot food.I'm not a breakfast person and need something more filling than cereals to eat(nothing against cereals-just my metabolism).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X