Local Veg Box Schemes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
    I was looking at the riverford one earlier, man there are a lot of imported goods on there.
    I noticed that by way of an explination they are saying its because this year was a bad winter and they have less crops, not sure if they dont generally have some stuff thats imported anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      ...... but don't buy veg any more as we're currently harvesting sprouts, carrots, swede, parsnips, cabbages and kale as well as having stored spuds and onions and frozen beans, peas, courgettes, tomatoes and much more. Very lucky really
      More well organised than lucky, Alison - a lesson to us all!

A lesson I need to learn a bit better, as this year I didn't really get my winter brassicas well organised, and the leeks are late coming on.

I'm ok though, as there's part of a massive cabbage in the bottom of the fridge still, I love parsnips, and although i've just finished the peas from the freezer, there are plenty of runners still in there.

Comment

I know its good to support local enterprise but I would still be looking at what you get and trying to emulate the winter crops in your own allotment or garden. If they can do it............so can you!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
          Where do you garden at the moment chris, at home?

I was passing the docks in Cardiff the other day, and there are at least 80 overgrown plots down by the flyover near Newport road. There are plots out there.
          Aye, that would have been ace - as I work on Newport Road... but last year we moved out of Cardiff to Caerphilly! No plots around here!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X