Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try looking up plinth radiators on google images

Comment

yey...yes..I have!!...and that led me on to TBT tubes...cor they're really cool!!

..have a look!!!

Radiators, Heating, Heating systems, TBT radiator
      Last edited by Nicos; 14-01-2011, 11:19 PM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

750W Heat and Light Unit - Replaces Prima Goldair Version

another possibility that would let you utilise the supply that is already there with minimum wiring
        May the road rise to meet you,
        May the wind be always at your back,
        May the sun shine warm upon your face,
        The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
        Until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          SR- there is only a wall light over the sink.
          I'll certainly investigate them- thanks!
          Think of a wider 'under the stairs 'sized cubby hole( in the eves)!

Hilary...hmm..that's exactly what we had in a cupboard at our last house and it worked a treat- but it couldn't be regulated...do you know of any way that can be done???
          Maybe a simple S might end up being the cheapest option...but it's only 14mm( I think) pipe.

Hmm...thinking cap time....
          Surely if you bung a thermostaic radiator valve into the pipework and step up the pipe size it would be ok?
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Brilliant ideas folks!!

Have to say the one which keeps coming back to me though is the underfloor heating!!!
            There's only about one square metre of floor space...and I spotted some mats or tapes whilst looking into green thing's suggestion.
            I wonder if that could somehow be spurred off the wall light??

I have the problem that everything I like seems to cost about £300...all for a 'cubby hole'- so that ain't going to happen

Chrismarks...look at this link!!!!
            Heating: radiator, boiler... - all players in Architecture
            *drool drool ( if one can be allowed to drool over radiators????)

You've all certainly given me more ideas than I'd come up with- so thanks..I'll let you know what we finally do!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I'm in the process of ripping out the kitchen & plan to buy one from these guys. Not sure if you can strike a deal for delivery though. Please note these are not electric but run off central heating.

Various Sizes Straight Chrome Towel Rail Rad Radiator on eBay (end time 18-Jan-11 13:10:22 GMT)
              Last edited by Bigmallly; 15-01-2011, 01:48 PM.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I suspect OH was thinking of the old parafin-type greenhouse heater, but I dare say an electric one would be safer.
                The showerroom at our Spanish home is long and narrow, door in middle of one side, shower takes up one end, loo the opposite end, and handbasin opposite the door.I am guessing yours is a fairly similar layout, but with the added complication of sloping ceiling?
                We haven't managed any heating (can be interesting at Christmas/New Year) but I can imagine how tricky it might be to fit it in!
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X