No announcement yet.

Targeted weight loss for 2011

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right i am going to do a brave post, never let my weight be known.

I am 210lbs, 5'7" tall, I have decided to weigh myself every Sunday and as of last Sunday, i have lost 2lbs.

I have a Kinect and i am doing the EA Sports 2 exercises 4 times a week, and i seem to have lost inches, i have to say it is the hardest and best kind of exercise i have done as it is like circuit training lots of cardio, mixed in with weights to give a full workout. I am also concentrating on what i am eating and portion control, but i am not counting calories.

I have decided to post as it will be more incentive for me to "kick my own buttt" into doing this as people as i have made it public. Hopefully joining in with you guys will keep me going as i am looking to lose (slowly and steadily as i want to keep it off) 42lbs and then see how it goes, I have to say though i am looking on this long term and as a lifestyle choice rather than a diet, does anyone think that is a good idea, rather than doing the weight watchers, i would appreciate any advice.

Kx

Comment

I have lost 2lb this week, which is good, because I didn't really get my head in gear very quickly. Seeing everyone back to uni involved too many 'farewell' meals, as they all went on different days.
      I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
      Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Lost 2lbs this week on my first week of Slimming World...

Comment

Right - one week on, weigh in on Tuesdays and I've lost all of ... wait for it.... half a pound. A very modest achievement I admit, but at least it is a loss not a gain!
          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Weighing in early Sir as off to Englandshire for the weekend and probs wont have either time or internet access.
            14st 9lb.
            Bob Leponge
            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Week one, and trousers are looser! YAY!

Congrats to all slimmers - keep it up everyone!
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hai

I'm aiming to loose 3 stone this year...preferably by August which I think is perfectly reasonable. I weighed myself before xmas and I was 13 and a half stone, so I'm gonna hazard a guess its 13 and 3 quaters after excessive alcohol consumption over xmas

I don't have scales, but there are some at work. I work random shift patterns so I will weigh in when I get the chance, plus I can weigh in at the gym.

I intend to do this by:

Start cycling again (to work, 5 miles return)
                Walking to work sometimes
                Reducing portion sizes to normal ones
                Gym once a week
                Swimming (gonna try once a week but not sure I can afford it at £4.50 a go!)
                Start doing my physio for wrists, shoulders and lower back daily (one of the reasons i started slacking off excercising was joint pain - doh!)
                And, the most challanging part - I'm going to give up bread for a week (I eat bread with absolutley everything) and see how much weight I lose, maybe that will make me think about how much bread affects my weight.

Good luck everyone!

Comment

Weighed on Monday - haven't been on the Vine since Sunday (busy times at work) and lost 2 lbs! Very pleased with that.

Comment

Good evening everyone, hope im not too late to join in, i actually started slimming world at the end of August after seeing my holiday snaps, so far i have dropped two dress sizes, i was thrilled to find i was a size 16 on Christmas eve!! thus the rush to matalan to buy smaller jeans for over Christmas, i have lost a total of 18lbs.
                    My goal is to reach 10st 7lbs, with no time scale attached as of yet which is another two stones.
                    My weigh in is on a Tuesday and i lost .5lb on the 11th.

Good luck everyone

Deb
                    Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Weighed today, a loss of 0.5kg. That's half a bag of sugar!
                      Last edited by SarzWix; 13-01-2011, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                        Weighed today, a loss of 0.5kg. That's half a bag of sugar!
                        Thats cos you cut out sugar! (Norty snadge......no chat!)
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

lost 2 more pounds
                          http://onegardenersadventures.blogspot.com/ updated 10-03-2010 with homebrew pics & allotment pics

Comment

Just off the scales. Still 75 kg. Over to the LLABOW thread then!
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I'm going to get on and update everyone's weight loss over the weekend. Unless someone else gets there first....

Comment

Well, as they've gone out, I got on my Folks' scales!!!!! 13st 2lb in old money, which is 184lb, which is 83.5 kilos, which is about half a Ton!

I will try and make Saturday my weigh-in day, as that's when my Folks go shopping, so I can sneak on to their scales without any 'politics' IYKWIM!
                                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X