Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with a few hours spare, a sewing machine and old fabric.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made a bag tonight out of the suede I had, added some wooden beads and bits. I like to mess making things

Comment

Originally posted by MrsC View Post
      ... I took the photos, took me ages to upload!
      They're pretty big pix, they'll load quicker if you reduce the size first (I use resizr.com)
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

There're some great patterns out there for dogs. Have a look at this lot

this and this one are my favourites (if a bit cruel)
        Last edited by Two_Sheds; 30-12-2010, 08:12 AM.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          They're pretty big pix, they'll load quicker if you reduce the size first (I use resizr.com)
          I did resize first, must be the camera settings

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
            There're some great patterns out there for dogs. Have a look at this lot

this and this one are my favourites (if a bit cruel)
            Lol, why is that dog in a tree

Comment

Great stuff. I've got so much fabric in my sewing room my Father in Law thought we were moving house (about 6 full bin-bags!)
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                Great stuff. I've got so much fabric in my sewing room my Father in Law thought we were moving house (about 6 full bin-bags!)
                You never know when its going to come in though and it always does eventually. I'm a buggar for picking up bits from charity shops.

Comment

I had a look in a charity shop near me this morning and the cheapest old coat I could find was £2.99 which I thought was expensive and it was a very short one. Mind you I do think the CS have put prices up a lot, £4.99 for a book, they sell them off for 10p in the library!!!
                  Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Originally posted by MrsC View Post
                    You never know when its going to come in though and it always does eventually. I'm a buggar for picking up bits from charity shops.
                    I actually used quite a bit to clothe the full size crib figures in our village church porch. There's a pic on my blog. As this looks like being a regular featurwe I'd better not cut up those fabrics!

Comment

I went to a charity shop today looking for fabric and bought a coat for myself, full length fake suede, lovely coat for £6, bargain

Comment

Bet you don't cut that up for the dog!

Comment

Originally posted by stella View Post
                          I had a look in a charity shop near me this morning and the cheapest old coat I could find was £2.99 which I thought was expensive and it was a very short one. Mind you I do think the CS have put prices up a lot, £4.99 for a book, they sell them off for 10p in the library!!!
                          Come on - they're charity shops! The folk who donate, I guess, hope the goods will raise money for the charity they support and the bargains to be had are just an extra bonus for those who support the shops. Sorry to sound a bit priggish but...
                          Wars against nations are fought to change maps; wars against poverty are fought to map change – Muhammad Ali

Comment

Love the dog coat.

I spotted someone looking at some curtains in an Oxfam shop, they were just what I wanted and was holding my breath until she put them back on the rail then grabbed them before she could change her mind! They've just been added to a fancy dress costume from the loft (originally made from charity shop tablecloth and curtains!) to try and hint that I'm Marie Antoinette at a murder mystery dinner tonight We live near a mill factory shop - excellent material at great prices - but you can't beat raiding the charity shops!
                            Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                            So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by grannymem View Post
                              Come on - they're charity shops! The folk who donate, I guess, hope the goods will raise money for the charity they support and the bargains to be had are just an extra bonus for those who support the shops. Sorry to sound a bit priggish but...
                              The exact same point was made by Mary Portas in Mary queen of the charity shops last night - she did a makeover on a Save the Children shop in ? Portsmouth I think.

She managed to boost the shop's income to £2000 a week - apparently the charity shops have really struggled with the influx of 'throw away' clothing when the trade agreement with China was changed.

I for one have shopped a lot more in charity shops in the last couple of years!
                              As well as taking a bag full in every time I pass!
                              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

You get some great finds in Charity shops. Not only material etc but household items, most of which are new or as good as. I like to support charity shops and the people who work in them as volunteers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X