Your most unusual gift???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jojo2910 View Post
    I was given 250m of clingfilm for a gift once by an ex-boyfriend. Apparently I use a lot! I ditched the boyfriend, kept the clingfilm and it lasted about 3 years.
    Cling film that long seems to go on for ever was he boring too.
    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
    Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
      Cling film that long seems to go on for ever was he boring too.
      More weird. It was long distance and he had told me in advance of his visit that he had a 'special' present for me. He genuinely thought it was romantic. I have told this to my husband, who now threatens ever Christmas and birthday to get me a lifetime's supply of tin foil!

Comment

OH loved having bonfires in my rural garden, having always lived in cities - really brought out the pyromania in him. After he'd destroyed 2 incinerator bins, I got him an old oil drum - tied it up with a big ribbon and put it in the middle of the garden - he still reckons it's the best present ever!
        Life is too short for drama & petty things!
        So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by jojo2910 View Post
          More weird. It was long distance and he had told me in advance of his visit that he had a 'special' present for me. He genuinely thought it was romantic. I have told this to my husband, who now threatens ever Christmas and birthday to get me a lifetime's supply of tin foil!
          As long as it isn't bubblewrap only Madderbat has access to that.
          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
          Brian Clough

Comment

This year MrPB is getting a log chopping kit, including a log splitting widget, a neat carrying bag and a big chopper!!
            Last edited by Pumpkin Becki; 16-12-2010, 09:47 PM.

Comment

The OH is getting a 'service kit' for his Disco off me - oli/air/fuel filters and a sh*t load of oil. Tis what he asked for?!

Comment

Received:
                2 years ago, just after midnight on Christmas morning, OH woke me up and told me to look out the back window. There, all aglow and looking very pretty decked in fairy lights, was my new whirlygig And, yes, I'd asked him to put in a hole for one in the garden for ages!

Given:
                There was a ladies club I used to go to, and we had a Christmas party with a Secret Santa. I don't have kids myself ( tho I have shares in 2 step-kids ) but every mother I know seems dotty about their kids, so I thought one of those key ring fobs you can load up with your own photos (much like a digital photo frame) would go down great with some doting mother. Well, apparently not. It seemed to be the duff present of the evening, despite all the bubble bath. But at least no-one knew who had donated it
                Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

Knitted jumper for one of my children from MIL, but label read "Happy Christmas to Whoever it fits".
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by matthew2riches View Post
                    Was that at an allotment party by any chance?
                    No! A primary school fund-raiser. I'd love to know what mean person donated it

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      That sounds very French!!!
                      Yes, it was here!

Comment

my class wrapped up a present for my parrot - a slice of toast and a slice of cheese
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I had a man's dressing gown - big enough to fit Big Daddy and that was so old, it wasn't on Tescos computer when I tried to exchange it!

And the same year I had a lime green (badly) hand knitted jumper that m-in-law had received the year before as a pressie which she kindly thought would fit over my baby bump.

And the next year I had a voucher that was out of date, with some out of date chocolates that had gone a funny colour.

ALL of these things were from my m-in-law..... PMSL

Comment

Jane, you just reminded me... Mr TS got a Jack Daniels miniature gift set from his ex-wife, and half the JD had been drunk!
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                              Jane, you just reminded me... Mr TS got a Jack Daniels miniature gift set from his ex-wife, and half the JD had been drunk!
                              Now THAT'S the best one so far, by a loooooong way! Priceless!
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Ooh, I've just remembered...

When me and MrPB were in the very early stages of our relationship, we would send each other very long letters and little pressies.

One day, out of the blue, he sent me a box of choccies. How lovely, I thought! I took them into college with me and shared the top layer with my two friends.

When I took the empty top layer off to start on the bottom layer...to my surprise it was completely empty!! The little wotsit had carefully cut open the cellophane so you couldn't see the opening, stolen all the choccies, resealed the box and cellophane, and sent it to me!!

I did laugh!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X