Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In this weather where do you dry your.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a clothes horse on the landing, over the bannister, over the backs of chairs overnight where the Rayburn dries them beautifully.

Comment

Towels & grundies go in the tumble dryer in the garage. The rest goes over the radiators.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by stella View Post
        WW I love the 'on a maiden in the kitchen' when I first read it it sounded like something from Camelot
        One of these....Pulleymaid Clothes Airer | Clothes Dryer | Traditional Ceiling Airer

Comment

I just loved the phrase, maybe its my sense of fun, conjours up an image of a young girl standing in the kitchen draped in laundry, even now it makes me smile
          Last edited by stella; 30-11-2010, 11:08 AM.
          Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Thats the one... we called it a pulley but never knew its real name.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

I have a sheila's maid in the utility room up high and use the tumble drier when it's nasty outside as the maid does not quite hold a load of washing.
              I hate hate hate seeing clothes on a radiator so never put them on there. I do have an airer in one of the spare bedrooms but it's packed away at the mo cos of the extension not being finished and the clothes get dusty while they dry!

Comment

I have no tumble dryer, or outside/inside spare room space so it is radiators for me makes the place look untidy
                Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

I do occasionally resort to bringing one of the airers indoors, but we don't really have room. Fleece jumpers get put on hangers and hung on curtain poles above the radiators. Makes the place very dark though!
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hang out in summer but not much point at this time of year as it's dark when I go out and dark when I get home so it'd never dry for me. Smalls and bedding gets tumbled (not towels or anything thick though) but everything else is put on the clothes horses / radiators and dries nice and quickly. Maybe you should ask the Italian how they dry their stuff!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Usually outside, even my soft shell trousers dry out on the line. No tumble drier gave it away. Used to have a pulley but what on earth is a maiden?

Comment

clothes horse on the landing at the top of the stairs dries really quick as the heat rises hate having to put stuff on the raidiators as i like all the heat for myself

Comment

It goes in the washer/dryer - although I do hang up my partner's shirts when they are still dampish as they iron easier. Must admit not too keen on having damp clothes/towels etc around the place.

Comment

Originally posted by frostyfreckle View Post
                            ... But what on earth is a maiden?
                            [ATTACH]17501[/ATTACH] ................
                            Attached Files

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Shirts get hung up on hangers from the picture rail

A lot goes through the tumble dryer

The rest goes on an airer in a spare room. As for causing condensation, not in our house - it just combats the effect of the central heating which over-dries the air.
                              Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

The main reason for homes getting wet is lack of ventilation. Cooking and showers in unventilated rooms will cause a lot more dampness than drying clothes indoors.
                                Our winter laundry mostly goes in the tumble drier, which (unless properly vented or a condenser) also is able to cause some dampness.
                                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X