No announcement yet.

'that ad'

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it just now when I signed on to the furum. It took me to the subscription page even before I had time to click the 'Close' button. (Which doesn't close it as we know.)

It's counter productive as an ad. Can't they just scrub it altogether?
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Popped up this morning when I tried to log on - right in the way over the sign in bit and seemingly bigger than ever. BUT - it did go away when I clicked the close button.

Comment

I had that yesterday, RL, but no sign of it today.
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I'm still getting everytime I visit and it always takes me to the buy page.

Simple answer is, don't show the thing at all. There's nothing more likely to make me decide not to buy something than an advert shoved in my face.
          Urban Escape Blog

Comment

Me too- just got that darn advert .....I had not even logged in!!!!

Comment

Perhaps you'd better just give in and subscribe!

I'm a subscriber, maybe my poota knows ...
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

G4 we buy it every month - helps keep the newsagent open, I hope!
                Last edited by Headfry; 25-11-2010, 11:15 AM.

Comment

It's back again today, very annoying. Never get chance to click on the x button as it appears just as I'm clicking on new posts which takes me straight there. Have to click back and hope it doesn't go round the loop again - grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

just twigged that you are talking about the subscripton thingy (at least I hope you are?). I am getting it as well it flicks to another page then I have to come out and open up again. Yesterday it would not let me in at all and I had to log on again full pasword etc, what is going on???
                    Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

I've pm'd Paul again- but he's off line at the moment.

It's not meant to be 'doing' all that stuff...and I'm sure he'll sort it out soon

Sorry folks...just try and put up with it a bit longer...We know how annoying it is
                      Have you tried doing that 'thingy' he suggested in his post????
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I'm still getting it - not complaining, just letting you (Paul) know
                        aka
                        Suzie

Comment

Thanks for the reply Paul, I logged off & deleted all my cookies as you suggested & now the ad has disappeared but I'm not sure if you've just removed at your end, anyway, thank you, it's gone. The only trouble was I've had to spend half of today trying to remember & find all my old passwords etc. as all the sites have 'forgotten' me when I got rid of the cookies!
                          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

The ad is still there but it's no hassle cos if you click anywhere on the screen away from the ad, it disappears.
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X