No announcement yet.

It's so cold!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Mother has just been trying to give me flanellette sheets - have nightmares as a child from them so said no. Can always say yes and post them
    Karen

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
    Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step!

Comment

Originally posted by Sprocket* View Post
      My Mother has just been trying to give me flanellette sheets - have nightmares as a child from them so said no. Can always say yes and post them
      Are they candy striped ones, like my Nan had!?
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

we have a local shop called pondens who sell very affordable flannett - i brought a fitted king-size sheet for about 12 quid. 2 of those would make a perfect duvet cover

Comment

What was wyncette - winscette (sorry no idea how to spell it) but was that some kind of brushed cotton fabric?

Comment

We've got knitted jersey bedding so it feels like going to bed in a huge snuggle tee shirt.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
              What was wyncette - winscette ?
              Winceyette is brushed cotton too...? Winceyette Pyjamas - Mens & Ladies Trousers, Jackets, Coats, Underwear, Nightwear & Shoes

The name derives from wincey, a Scottish term for the fabric linsey-woolsey. Linsey-woolsey is linen-wool mix
              Last edited by Two_Sheds; 25-11-2010, 02:11 PM.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

buzzingtalk: here are my tips for keeping warm- i still haven't put the heating on,.

get a sleeping bag and put your legs in it when you are sitting down, have a fleece blanket over your shoulders like a shawl, and a hot water bottle in the bottom of the sleeping bag. you will be toasty.

wear a woolen jumper with a couple of cotton t- shirts under. wear tights or leggings under your trousers.

if you have access to one when you are outside working in wellies- stand on a muckheap. it is lovely and warm. that is what we do for a quick warm up.

put some fabric rolls at bottoms of doors, and bubble wrap on any windows which are draughty. get some of the fuzzy strip stuff that you put around doors to exclude drafts. i have put them on my inner doors. and get a door curtain.

collect some old woolen blankets, and sew them in between your curtains and curtain linings. if you cant sew, you could just pin them on for the winter.
                Last edited by lindyloo; 25-11-2010, 02:21 PM.

Comment

or you could get a personal fluffy footwarmer like mine!

Comment

You lot are lovely!
                    I can manage OK with the duvet covers I've got (ordinary poly-cotton ones, not as warm as I'd like, but useable), but I'd love to take up some of those offers in a little while thanks so much!
                    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

COLD Must be.
                      Our cats wont go out and they have fur coats.
                      Last edited by bubblewrap; 25-11-2010, 09:30 PM.
                      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                      Brian Clough

Comment

Apparently you come highly recommended on this thread as insulation for windows BW!
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                          Apparently you come highly recommended on this thread as insulation for windows BW!
                          Yes................................ BUT This Bubblewrap is expensive to maintain at least two pints of XXXB & 4 brains faggots a day.
                          Brian Clough

Comment

Awwww Brains Faggots!! Haven't had them since I was a kid. NOM NOM!
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

bubblewrap- ie your cats/ my dog; ie have wondered if my dog is hogging the hot bot, rather than intending to keep my legs warm, when he lays on them!

Comment

Originally posted by lindyloo View Post
                                bubblewrap- ie your cats/ my dog; ie have wondered if my dog is hogging the hot bot, rather than intending to keep my legs warm, when he lays on them!
                                Watch out for the claws.....................
                                Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X