No announcement yet.

It's so cold!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait to replace our boiler for a combi one - with a more advance timer, so I can have the heating come on at multiple times during the day/week as need be..

Our house is only 15(?) years old, but the rads in it are rubbish. Going to replace them I think.. dreading on doing the work though as no doubt the pipes won't be right/can't buy some the same size/no play in the pipes/etc.

Comment

just popped up to my daughters bed room (dormer window style room, above a garage conversation that I guess isn't insultated) - c/heating on and an oil filled rad in there - it's lovely, toasty 24 degrees!

Comment

Dig out several more jumpers buzzingtalk - it's not getting any warmer this week.

I've seen something called Cosy Cuffs - like sheepskin wristbands - supposed to keep your wrists and consequently your hands nice and toastie.
        Life is too short for drama & petty things!
        So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

I'm with Glutton - the only answer is FLEECE - it's cheap and plentiful!
          Our house is old and cold too, no central heating, but I love it. Electronically run petrol stoves do it for me. Instant heat.

Comment

Ffrrrrrrreeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg

Comment

They reckon its going to snow here for the next week.
              http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

Had a flurry of snow this morning - its officially cold. Have dug out the polartec fleece pyjamas I had when lived in old house - converted coach house with 20ft pointed roof - and tiny useless radiators....

Dogs are cold too they have taken to sleeping under their blankets rather than on top
                Karen

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
                Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step!

Comment

Frosty start this am.
                  About 1/2 hr ago we had a fantastic hail storm...was really dark too!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

It's not too bad here, but I have just had a hot bath. And I did splurge on new flannel pyjamas and got some flannelette sheets as a present, so when I'm asleep, I'll be warm

Comment

Although flannel on flannel is a bit like velcro....

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
                        Although flannel on flannel is a bit like velcro....
                        I've never had that problem! I just wish I could find (affordable) a flannelette duvet cover to go with the flannelette bottom sheet! Brushed cotton pyjamas and flannelette sheets (no noticeable difference in texture) kept me warm at night all my childhood (before central heating became the norm).
                        Note, in an old house, ventilation has to balance the heating, a lot of dampness will be condensation from failure to keep that balance!
                        I know, the heat costs, so you don't want to let it escape, but warmed air holds a lot more moisture.....
                        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                          I've never had that problem! I just wish I could find (affordable) a flannelette duvet cover to go with the flannelette bottom sheet!
                          easy peasy, buy two sheets, cut to size, sew together with buttons or a zip or poppers on the bottom

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
                            easy peasy, buy two sheets, cut to size, sew together with buttons or a zip or poppers on the bottom
                            I did say 'affordable'. Having trouble finding flannelette sheets at all!
                            But thanks for the thought.
                            Last edited by Hilary B; 24-11-2010, 04:18 PM. Reason: missed a bit!
                            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                              Having trouble finding flannelette sheets at all!
                              Isn't it called brushed cotton these days?
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

want me to look in swindon for you? there's one of those cheap textile type places, can't remember the name of it, but looking won't hurt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X