Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whichever party is in power the government always forgets that THEY work for US and when we dont trust them we can get rid of them.

They need to remember, they arent working for themselves or their party, they work for us.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
      Labour had thirteen years, mucked up and now the posh boys are in, had your chance, blew so wait till the next election for another go.
      I like how the Tories have changed the rules to have fixed-term parliaments. It is not at all a way of ensuring they have 5 full years of Tory rule, is it? They knew that they would become increasingly unpopular so by introducing fixed-term parliaments they CAN'T be kicked out or brought to account.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        But does a tree make a noise when it falls in the forest, if there's no one there to hear it?
        yup, because insects and birds and animals have what pass for ears

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmo and Dibs View Post
          I like how the Tories have changed the rules to have fixed-term parliaments. It is not at all a way of ensuring they have 5 full years of Tory rule, is it? They knew that they would become increasingly unpopular so by introducing fixed-term parliaments they CAN'T be kicked out or brought to account.
          Please explain, as far as I can remember we have always had a fixed term of five years after which the government in power has to call an election.

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
            yup, because insects and birds and animals have what pass for ears
            No - only humans hear 'noise'...and if there are no humans to hear it then no noise is made.

Insects and birds and animals will just receive sound waves; how they process it will be just their processing of these waves.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
              No - only humans hear 'noise'...and if there are no humans to hear it then no noise is made.
              hmmm...I expect if you play them some AC/DC they'll hear some noise

Comment

valmarg: not sure what you mean- when you said' obviously you weren't there', followed by two unhappy smillies? but in case this helps- i was born in '53. there was still rationing of some things. i can remember my grandparents and grandparents talking about how people lived. i know of someone who lives in 2 railway carriages, linked by a porch in the middle. they live there still, and started living there after the war. i grew up with , as others have said, with oil lamps, no heat, 2 woollen blankets and a hot water bottle, and an outhouse for a toilet. i remeber eating pig's head, ox tongue, etc. so although i didn't survive the war, i have experience of the aftermath in general terms, but not of in living in chicken huts, downed airplanes etc..but i definately know that people did. my own g parents lived in a tin shed, after ww1. and when i was growing up in the states, we regularily used to pass an indian reservation, right up near the canadian border, and those poor people lived in garden sheds with waxed newspaper at the windows instead of glass!! the school bus used to drop off some classmates at the reservation. so, yes, people do live in various things other than houses when they have too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmo and Dibs View Post
                  Wrong the fixed term parliment is only fixed if the government DOESN'T lose a vote of confidence,if they lose a vote of confidence they are out.The purpose of bringing in fixed term parliments is to stop any government chosing the date of the election for there own advantage.Its exactly what already happens in Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
                    hmmm...I expect if you play them some AC/DC they'll hear some noise
                    Hmm....

Are we talking Bon Scott or Brian Johnson here; there's a world of difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Pies View Post
                      Wrong the fixed term parliment is only fixed if the government DOESN'T lose a vote of confidence,if they lose a vote of confidence they are out.The purpose of bringing in fixed term parliments is to stop any government chosing the date of the election for there own advantage.Its exactly what already happens in Scotland
                      Where do I put my cross for this 'vote of no confidence then'?
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

And I cant see a govenment, which has to be a majority, voting against itself can you, so in reality a government term in reality is up to and including 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
                          And I cant see a govenment, which has to be a majority, voting against itself can you, so in reality a government term in reality is up to and including 5 years.
                          If the Lib/dems take their ball away this parliament won't last long(with a bit of luck)
                          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                          Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                            If the Lib/dems take their ball away this parliament won't last long(with a bit of luck)
                            go for it, but dont blame me if the IMF come in to mop up Labours mess and cut you pension credits to help pay the bills. Just like has happened in Greece.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                              What do you propose to replace it with?

Comment

What do you propose to replace it with?
                                That is the peoples choice & not within my remit.
                                The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                                Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X