X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pies View Post
    This says different

UK jobs: Find a job, build a career. It?s not luck, it?s totaljobs.com

I honestly believe a few very long term unemployed have now got used to the way of life.They dont want to work.I feel there are many jobs they could do such as help the helpers
    Oh, thats ok then, they can all fight over these 85,941 jobs!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Typical tory tosh reminds me of that idiot Tebbit and his 'Get on your bike' nonsense when there were over 3 million on the dole due to Thatchers policies
      http://greengas-ourallotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Pies View Post
        This says different

UK jobs: Find a job, build a career. It?s not luck, it?s totaljobs.com

I honestly believe a few very long term unemployed have now got used to the way of life.They dont want to work.I feel there are many jobs they could do such as help the helpers
        This lists the number of jobs.
        How many are part time?
        How many are "fixed term contracts?
        How many are on minimum wage?
        How many are anti social hours?(unsuitable for single parents)
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

"Let them eat cake" was the cry!
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
            Oh, thats ok then, they can all fight over these 85,941 jobs!
            &There are 3 Million unemployed + those on sickness benefit that they are trying to get back to work add on to that the over 60s but under 65s who are on pension credits who are technically unemployed.
            Brian Clough

Comment

And the jobs are in the wrong places who would move from one end of the country to the other to get a job that might only last 6 months.( on the minimum wage)
              Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                And the jobs are in the wrong places who would move from one end of the country to the other to get a job that might only last 6 months.( on the minimum wage)
                Doesnt seem to bother the Poles, Czechs and others who come from a different country to work, but then they actually have a work ethic that this country has lost.

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
                  Doesnt seem to bother the Poles, Czechs and others who come from a different country to work, but then they actually have a work ethic that this country has lost.
                  If so, this so called 'work ethic' doesn't appear to have done there own country much good?

Diversify & prosper

Comment

My gut reaction was that it was somewhat insulting to get people to do voluntary (although how something compulsary can be voluntary is beyond me) work which looks suspiciously like the same work that people do on community service. However it was interesting to hear a guy already doing this sort of thing speak on the TV to say that he had found it very useful to get him back into having a structure to his day. Don't know if he is pretty much unique in this view and obviously it's rather different that presumably he's chosed to do this. Still doesn't seem right though.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

So I have to sell my house(if I can) or get a council house exchange if I can get one.
                      Don't forget most of the jobs are SHORT TERM then one would have to move again.
                      Also try getting work when you are over 55 no one wants to now you.
                      Would you be willing to keep moving every 6 months or so Piglet?
                      The Poles etc who come here get better money here than they would in their own country.
                      Brian Clough

Comment

The people that have come to this country will be of a certain mind set and the very fact that they are willing to put up with being away from their families in many cases would tie in with hard work ethics etc however I have no way of knowing if this is valid of the far greater number of people back in the home country. Likewise, of the people born here, some have a good work ethic and some don't. I know people who do several jobs to keep a roof over their head and feed their children but also have neighbours who appear to sit on their backsides all the time. All native to this country but totally different, it's up to you which you to decide which you take as representative.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                          This takes the chuffing biscuit don't it.
                          The TORY government makes cuts and forces councils to make people redundant then makes them do the same job(litter picking eg) for less money .............................OR ELSE
                          Here's a song about it.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmZdvVnMXCc
                          Brian Clough

Comment

Can you really see the likes of David Cameron, Lawyers,Doctors,Accountants,Architects,MP's and other proffessional people litter picking?
                            I would LIKE to see it granted.......but it just aint going to happen!

No............but they would still expect the peasants to do it!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I couldn't even get a job as a litter picker or bin man(applied for both more than once)
                              As I said over 55 forget it.
                              Brian Clough

Comment

Whilst I can see some benefit in allowing unemployed people to do voluntary work, and in a very few cases making it compulsory, I can also see much wrong with it. Firstly, they are talking of making people do 30 hours a week to keep their JSA. At the moment, JSA is around £65 a week. Errrrrr? Minimum wage?! I'm sorry, but that is slave labour! And the fact that this is being introduced just as councils up and down the country are facing huge budget cuts is just too neat to be a coincidence.

And finally, we're not hearing anything like enough about HELPING people! Saying 'people with depression will feel better if they do something useful' is all well and good, but I haven't heard a thing about increasing the amount of counsellors for instance. In my area if you request counselling, or any kind of psychiatric assistance, and you aren't an emergency, you end up on a waiting list at least 6 months long! Not hearing any incentives for people to become child-minders either, they're in short supply round here too.

Far too much bashing of people and not enough practical solutions, added to the fact that there aren't enough jobs anyway.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X