No announcement yet.

Walking to Marrakech

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what does Google Earth say the scenery is like where you are at present ? Are you camped besides a motorway flyover, or an idyllic meadow full of inquisitive heifers sticking their heads in the flysheet ?
    Hmm, think I've just found the only way I will ever travel the world...ta !!
    There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

I spent the night in a field alongside a hedge in case of frost but actually it was very mild and I'm just about to chomp eggs and bacon before heading off.

I'm hoping to get my feet wet by the weekend

Some (certainly not all though) are ahead of me, one lad is steaming on - he has been giving my beer order for when I get there
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

I once heard Alan Bennett, when asked about travel in an interview, say something like:

I'd quite like to see China, but I'd like to be home for my tea.

He was quoting someone else, I think.

He may not have thought of your system, but it works beautifully for anyone who feels the same. I'm still deciding where I might go, following your lead - maybe Tuscany or the Lake District or Ben Nevis - this travel method gives unlimited choice!

I'm following your journey and descriptions with interest, Piskie, please keep posting your progress.
        My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

I'll send you a postcard Pisk, I'm due to be in Marrakech at the end of next week I think, let you know what you'll see when you get here.
          Bob Leponge
          Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

I'll be some time yet Bobs but, yes please, t'would be lovely to see what we'll see
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

I'm due to be in Marrakech at the end of next week I think
              Y'know, for a moment there M. Leponge, I thought you were joking. Then reality intruded and envy kicked in - I will think I am doing well if I can get to Aberdeen for the fireworks display this evening !
              Oh well, it is at the beach, so I will see some sand...

Comment

At the end of Week One (yesterday) I'm standing joint 10th out of 31 - need to step it up a bit this week!
                aka
                Suzie

Comment

Well there's your problem Pisk.
                  You shouldnt be standing, you should be walking!!
                  Bob Leponge
                  Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

I appear to be in the briney just now
                    *holds breath til land ahoy
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

I'm sure your naturally buoyant personality will carry you through !

Comment

Why thank you darlinks and the natural water wings help too
                        aka
                        Suzie

Comment

Only just caught up with this thread!...sorry

wow Piskie- sounds a fantabulous idea!!!..wish I knew enough about computers to set up a map where you could mark out the route you've done so far....

..I'm up for a virtual cuppa with you ( or a darned good nosh up) when you get sort of nearish to us!!

when are you doing most of the walking??...is it first thing in the morning- or later on when it's warmed up a bit??
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Are you going through Italy, a small detour perhaps, pop in and have some wine
                            Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

I could throw in some French nosh into her rucksac stella for you...the extra weight would be fine I'm sure!!
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                when are you doing most of the walking??...is it first thing in the morning- or later on when it's warmed up a bit??
                                Being self-employed I have the luxury of doing it as and when - it varies between 0700hrs or 1100hrs or 1600hrs, give or take an hour or so and work load on the desk.

Originally posted by stella View Post
                                Are you going through Italy, a small detour perhaps, pop in and have some wine
                                Sadly not

We left Blighty on 1 Nov from Gatwick, from there it is:
                                - into the sea (currently still there)
                                - rejoining land just left of Caen
                                - through Rennes
                                - through Nantes
                                - back into the sea for the Bay of Biscay
                                - rejoining land between Santander and Bilbao

...and so on - it will take some time, we have plenty of Kendal Mint Cake
                                aka
                                Suzie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X