No announcement yet.

Everyone Has A Book Inside Them?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I write fantasy and spec fiction, short stories and novels. Not had anything published yet though. They reckon the first million words are just practice though
    Urban Escape Blog

Comment

This is a good forum for writers, loads of info (though based in US plenty of UKers)

Absolute Write Water Cooler - Powered by vBulletin

and this UK one

Forum - The Word Cloud - Writing Community - Help and advice for writers

Litopia Writers' Colony

Lots of good info out there...
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I've started several stories. I always now where it is eventually going, and I can get the first few 'chapters' (very short ones), then I lose track of the next bit!
        They say 'write about what you know', but there really isn't that much I do know that I can think of anything to write about. Most of my attempts are based on the large collection of imaginary friends I had as a child......
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Most bookworms do to some extent.

I'll get me coat.
          Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
          Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
          I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
            Most bookworms do to some extent.

I'll get me coat.
            lol...........
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I am just too lazy to write the book I know I have inside me and so, instead, I've started to write a blog (no not the GYO one, this one The Land Rover Owners Wife ) almost like a practice thing really, getting into the habit of writing.

Maybe one day I'll have the time and inclination to do the book but until then I'll happily dabble as the mood strikes .

Reet
              x

Comment

To be perfectly honest, I think it's only having met my friend Gloria in the last year or so, that's truly inspired me with this thought. That, and some mad woman that is Piskieinboots's sister on my blog actually, to perfectly finish my sentence, because I'm a true believer in someone else really believing in you to light that fire in your belly to get you off your proverbial arse, and do something for yourself to be proud of and you, my darling, did just that for me right at that moment in time.

This thread, I hope, will begin to fire up your own bellies, because of her, and my friend Gloria.
                I do truly believe that we all have a book inside us.
                But this isn't about my own book...it's about yours', and formulating that by reading this.X

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                  I've started several stories. I always now where it is eventually going, and I can get the first few 'chapters' (very short ones), then I lose track of the next bit!
                  They say 'write about what you know', but there really isn't that much I do know that I can think of anything to write about. Most of my attempts are based on the large collection of imaginary friends I had as a child......
                  Hilary, my suggestion is to finish the story or stories - in some way, no matter even if you feel it's not working out well. Leave aside for a few days (or longer if you wish), then read the work over. I think this will give you a chance to look at them with new eyes and will usually help you with seeing what editing, if any, is needed - in other words, how the story might progress. It's a bit like when you read someone else's work and you think of ways they might have improved it, only it gives you another go at tweaking your own story.

That's what I think anyway.
                  My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X