No announcement yet.

Computer webcam troubles

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not very technical I'm afraid but perhaps it is the camera Can you try another webcam and see if it works with that one.
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Very frustrating Bob & difficult to discuss on a forum.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

There are some issues here Bob re integrated webcams. It appears one suloution is to make sure you have the most updated version of Skype. Good luck pal.

Integrated webcam not compatible with Skype - Skype Community
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Have you also got IM on this computer, because you can see if it works okay in IM, this may narrow down the issue to either the webcam hardware/software or whether its Skype, you may also want to check whether their is any drivers/utilities available for the webcam. As Bigmally said you may want to check for an update on Skype, I think the last one was within the last couple of weeks and it did on one of my computers alter some settings which weren't for this best (in other words it screwed up (is that an allowed word))

Comment

Hmmm, the webcam doesnt even work if I just try and turn it on, not using Skype, Messenger or anything. Just tried it with Messenger and it does exactly the same. Think I will have to try and buy an external webcam although if such a thing exists in this neck of the woods I would be surprised.
            Thanks all for your help, much appreciated.
            Bob Leponge
            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Probably a very silly suggestion, but is there a little bit of tape or something over the webcam? My daughter told me that my image wasn't very good, then I noticed a protective tape over it hahaha.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X