No announcement yet.

How do you get rid of yours?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's gone the other way now, I'm now stuffed up but spent about 8 hours in the garden today tidying up & enjoying the sun, gave the grass its last cut of the year & took over 100 geranium cuttings. It felt so good being outside.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

W.C. Fields had a herbal remedy for a cold

Take the juice of two bottles of whisky

Comment

Glad to hear I'm not alone with this cold, I feel rough

Comment

I tend to throw a filthily hot vindaloo at it, but to be honest I'd be happy having a hot curry however I feel.
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Sinuses and blocked nose(my very close buddies)-inhalation with wick vapo rub
            Throat-sometimes a shot of vodka or whisky helps(just 1 shot,not half a bottle)
            Cough-chop some onions thinly,add sugar,stuff the jar with them and leave overnight-great cough medicine-just take a tablespoon when you feel like it(no overdosing)
            Fever-a herbal tea made from lime tree flowers or tea with raspberry juice-brings on sweating(best drunk in the evening).
            And keep warm.

I make some lemon&garlic&honey mixture-crush 2 medium size garlics,squeeze 3 big lemons and add litre of lukewarm boiled water.Put aside for a couple of days,then put through a muslin cloth(or sieve) to get rid of garlicky and lemony bits.Sweeten up with honey(up to you how much) and drink a shot everyday until the mixture is finished.Have a break for a couple of weeks and make another one.The mixture should be kept out of light.I used to make it a while ago,then stopped(pure laziness).Now I'm coming back to making it,mainly due to my health problems(had enough antibiotics)
            Last edited by coreopsis; 11-10-2010, 06:06 PM.

Comment

4 weeks tomorrow for mine - and it's still no better. Might need a trip to the docs and I HATE going there.
              It's my own fault for telling everyone that manflu had entered the building whrn OH got it but he only had it for 3 days..... Next time I will keep my gob shut

Trouble is I only work 2 days a week but on those 2 days (teaching languages and you just can't do that silently) I now lose my voice for the next 5 and it only comes back the day before I go back to work again... getting quite fed up of it now.

Comment

so to the docs I went, have antbiotics now as he thinks my initial cold virus has opepened the door for a secondary bacterial infection.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadCar View Post
                  Glad to hear I'm not alone with this cold, I feel rough
                  I seem to be coming down with another one now: I'm cold but my neck and eyelids are red hot
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                    I seem to be coming down with another one now: I'm cold but my neck and eyelids are red hot
                    Sorry TS, I did keep my distance & didn't cough or sneeze when I was on the vine...................
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Think I caught it from you, BM! grr. Tried this new lemsip all day tablets- feeling better but they're blooming expensive!

Comment

LOTS of water, keep yourself warm, i find a nice hot bath/shower helps before bed as it acts as a decongestant, doesn't last too long but helps enough to relax. Try and eat well - lots of veg and fruit! Vitamin C and zinc tablet helps a woman at work who has a weak immune system, which i do too so im going to try that next time.

i never take medication for colds (mainly becuase im not allowed them!) so just 'get on with it'. the important thing to remember is it won't kill you, just don't excercise/push too much as your internal organs are working that bit harder when suffereing from a cold.

Lemsip tablets are good for the throat but some of them produce laxative effects when used too much (not nice when your ill!). I find ecchinacea drops helpful sometimes, as well as even having a cup of hot menthol next to the bed/couch to help youbreathe

Comment

also, a nice cup of 'flu tea' as i call it, my OH makes a lovely one and all of yours should to when you are ill!

Honey - depends on taste, but i like the soothing affect of it, so a good heaped tspoon
                          Lemon - fresh or bottled lemon juice, acts as antibacterial in throat also a strong flavour to help you taste better, i find it helps me to cough and move flem
                          ginger - helps you breathe, ive only done it with fresh, dont know if it would work with powder. also helps you sweat
                          and a fresh chilli, with seeds if possible. this helps you to sweat, clears/uncongests you and also i find it helps with excretion as i dont often eat properly when im ill.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X