X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remembered!!
    Bright Blessings
    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

I'm not sure I learned anything from tonight's episode, there have certainly been better allotment TV programmes. However I think the point of the episode was to promote allotments and it did it well. I was a bit disappointed that whilst briefly talking about the risks of loosing allotment, the Olympic sites where not mentioned.

Maybe they shouldn't have produced it under the Gardener's World banner if they wanted to promote to youngsters.

I think I recognised the contributor from somewhere? Cleve?

Comment

Oh flippin heck. I watched it and thought I was recording it. It didn't. Does anyone know if it is repeated. If not, how can I get hold of it. My husband is away and he would have missed it.
        HHHEELLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!
        Piper

Your future lays before you,
        Like a sheet of driven snow.
        Be careful how you tread it,
        As every step will show

Comment

I was so pleased that having posted the programme was on, I actually remembered to watch it!! I quite enjoyed watching the variety of people who have allotments and seeing how different sites can be. Some obviously provide little sheds and others seem so have tons of space compared to mine.
          It was a pleasant way to spend half an hour on a Friday evening anyway.!!
          May all our seeds germinate and grow

Helen

Comment

Originally posted by Piper View Post
            Oh flippin heck. I watched it and thought I was recording it. It didn't. Does anyone know if it is repeated. If not, how can I get hold of it. My husband is away and he would have missed it.
            HHHEELLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!
            Tried going tothe BBC web site?
            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
            Brian Clough

Comment

Yes I searched the BBC web site last night. I was surprised that it doesn't seem to be repeated. I thought all TV programmes were repeated!!!!
              [

Comment

I thought it was very good, great to see so many enthusiastic newbies, just like a lot of us on here, but was disappointed that they didnt mention the Manor Allotments and the Olympics, but perhaps they had been warned off or it wasnt something they could have done justice in the time available?

Was good to see how much folks got from their plots, not only in edible crops, but the spiritual side that lots mentioned, I too have to agree wholeheartedly with them on that, getting down the plot does have something special to it beyond the exercise and edibles, something special that speaks directly to your spirit!

Loved the seat surrounded by hazel, would love something like that on our plot!
                Blessings
                Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Mrs D, todays Daily Mail had a decent and balanced article on it.

Manor Park that is.
                  Last edited by Peter; 03-03-2007, 08:06 PM. Reason: Subject.
                  Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
                  Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
                  I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                    Mrs D, todays Daily Mail had a decent and balanced article on it.

Manor Park that is.
                    Sorry, you confuse me, are we talking about the same Daily Mail which is still obsessed with Diana etc - wonders will never cease if they're managing balanced articles or am I being a bit slow and missing a sense of sarcasm?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X