No announcement yet.

Daddy bladdy Longlegs!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by swansea girl; 09-09-2010, 07:53 AM.

Comment

I have a friend,hes 6 foot tall and runs around arms flapping and screaming like a girl when he see's as he puts it a "Dandy log legs!" I on the other hand almost turn into a gibbering wreck at the sight of woodlice!

Comment

ROF LOL....just love this thread - you guys have given my day a great start!
        I'm lucky I guess, I am happy to share my space with spiders and daddy long legs....
        its leeches/ ticks I cant cope with......headfry runs off to hide.......

Comment

Glutton, think of them as a flying spider if it helps....

I like them, but they are irritating, I keep catching them and putting them outside, only for them to fly back in again, dopey things. Same as moths really.

Comment

I'm with Alison and Snadge on this one!

They are annoying (like when you find 6 or 7 in one room), but I'd rather watch their dancing around than have to deal with a spider, any day!

Comment

Used to be terrified of daddy long legs, now not so much. The exception is when they fly at me - they get tangled in my hair Now if someone wants to come and catch Shug the spider you will be most welcome - I named him/her to try and reduce my fear (hasn't worked), he's about 3", fast and hairy and keeps on climbing my bedroom wall and sitting above my head. Even in the dark I can see him.

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
                ROF LOL....just love this thread - you guys have given my day a great start!
                I'm lucky I guess, I am happy to share my space with spiders and daddy long legs....
                its leeches/ ticks I cant cope with......headfry runs off to hide.......
                Ticks really make me shudder, so does the thought of leeches, but I've never actually met a leech. I have occasionally been attacked by a tick. Disgusting things!
                I don't know of any British spider that actually bites people. I'd rather have a spider behind the sun visor in my car than all the flies she will catch over a summer....
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I have no issues with the job spiders do! I think flies are disgusting things and spiders can eat away for all I care. I JUST DON'T LIKE THE BLADDY THINGS! I panic react, very, very badly. I was once put on a disciplinary because some bright burke thought it would be funny (after finding out about my fear) to trap me in a corner while he was holding a big fat spider. I had a hammer in my hand, and I missed his jaw by about an inch, and was heading for the back stroke when he panicked and ran.

Sorry and all that, I can't help it!

Zebedee
                  "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

Daddy longlegs aren't so bad. We save them up and give em to our pet lizard and he likes them. I like this time of year because it is the end of wasps! Daddy longlegs are creepy but wasps can kill me so they sorta get a boost on the fear scale for me. Also don't like spiders. I understand G4's irrational fear of them though as most blokes I know are scared of them or moths, my OH hates moths so much he picks up the cat when there is on in the house and goes moth hunting in a malebondingy kinda way.
                    My very pink Blog about food and...more food

Comment

I don't mind them too much.Yes,they fly without any sense of direction but don't do any damage(except landing in the pot while I lift it up to stir something).
                      I've got bigger problem with wasps now-I whack about 5 every day in the kitchen with the towel.Nearly ate a grape with wasp yesterday.They are not welcome in my food.Neither are spiders,going down from the lamp above the table straight to my plate.
                      Maybe I'm just moaning-should be grateful for additional free proteins coming to/with my meal?

Comment

Daddy Longlegs always remind me of the shocked reaction I got in school once. Some of the boys rather liked teasing some of the girls with these things.... I used to tell them off for cruelty.
                        NEVER try to catch one by its legs, they come off!
                        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X