No announcement yet.

If you *had* to choose....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think for me, flowers! It might change at some point in the future but I've never actually had a permanent garden (rented accommodation or flats) so I'd love to be able to plant my plants into real soil and be able to work on it year after year until it's 'just so'. I'd love to be able to look forward to next year and see the plants mature for a change. Vegies are too transient for me at the moment. Flowers mean home

Comment

Veg (and fruit) all the way
      Though I do like edibles with nice blossom (apple tree springs to mind)

Comment

Vegetables, you can't beat courgette and runner bean flowers! (well, you can.. but..)

Comment

Can't choose, won't choose!
          I suppose I do have more flowers than veg. though although I have more shrubs than anything because I like all year round structure. I have lots of perennials & various other flowers in pots etc. & also a small veg. patch & other veg. & fruit in containers so I like a mixture of both, couldn't live without some kind of flowers year round though but I could manage without veg. in the garden in winter I suppose.
          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Have chosen veggies up to now, but hoping to build some borders around the edge of the football pitch, erm, lawn even, so that I can put lavenders and some small shrubs that flower in them (though will have to be very densely packed to stop the cats coming in to the back garden to poo.

Will also be making room for some bee friendly flowers in the vegetable beds next year.

Comment

Vegetables, because many of them have lovely flowers (& foliage) too
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Veggies for me - I wasn't going to grow anything this year (too ill early in the season), but after eating the last of the psb I knew I had to find a way to get growing again - just couldn't do without my veggies, the garden space felt wasted without them.
                Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                  Vegetables, because many of them have lovely flowers (& foliage) too
                  Seconded!
                  There are lots of edibles that are also ornamental (for the last month or so I've had a vase of carrot-leaves on the sideboard, just the ones I cut off our home-grown carrots), and there are 'companion' plants too (Marigolds?) and edible flowers (nasturtiums and violets, just for a start), and tomatoes, peppers etc are as pretty as flowering plants. Runner beans were once grown for the flowers, and come in a range of flower colours (white, pink, red-and-white as well as the classic scarlet).....
                  Edibles that are pretty work for me.
                  Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X